Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently bought a 2003 honda accord, and it currently has stock rims but i ordered XXR 527s 18x8.75

http://m.clublexus.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=206519

I heard tein spring are the best but i dont know what size i need to cover the gap and what shocks i should buy

Also can you tell me if there anything else i should do for the best performance, i know i will have to roll fenders and thats not a problem

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
You may not have to roll the fenders - but you haven't supplied us with the offset of the wheels - which is what determines if you'll need to roll/pull. For my 19x8.5 +35 wheels I did have to roll the rear, but with the OEM Honda 18x8" +55 I have plenty of room, even before the roll.

As far as Tein suspension, they are engineered around Honda/Acura and are a fantastic brand to go with. I run Tein coilovers and love them. They've held up great (over 50k miles on them now) and still ride like stock, but provides the ability to lower/raise my car as I wish. It's important to keep the threads greased with some anti-seize in the winter though so that the bottom spring perch doesn't seize due to all the salt/weather.

If you just go with lowering springs, you'll have to determine what style you would like to go with (drop wise and firmness wise). Although some choose to just install lowering springs onto our OEM struts, I think it's best to go with a good aftermarket strut that can handle the extra stress of a lowered car (something like Tokico that comes with a lifetime warranty)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
18x8.75 5x100/114.3 RIM ET35mm and i would like to go with lowering springs not coilovers

If its possible can you send me the link on the best drop and shocks
I wad told to drop 2" front and 1.75 in the back i just want to see what other people say

·
Registered
426 Posts
TEIN s-techs will give you about 2" but that's just the front. I believe Eibach may have springs that will achieve what you want. but if you're going to spend money on springs AND shocks, you may want to look at coilovers. Not sure what your budget it though. what size tire are you getting?

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
You might be able to get away with not rolling - especially at stock height - but just test fit them and see if they do rub. If so, then pursue with rolling.

Personally, I would drop more in the rear and less in the front to eliminate rubbing as you're turning left/right. The stock height in the rear is higher than the front to begin with, so by giving more of a drop in the rear, you'll even it out for that nice clean level look.

Those numbers don't sound bad - but if you're looking for a spring/strut combo and not a dramatic drop (i.e. slammed to the ground) have you looked into the OEM HFP (Honda Factory Performance) struts/springs? They'll give you a nice drop, be OEM quality and still give you that smooth factory ride.

Otherwise, Google is thy friend - get to searching on what you do and do not like ;) When you get into strut/spring combos, there are tons to choose from, so it comes down to personal choice. Start doing research and decide what you think best suites your needs...we can't answer that question for you.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
LOL @ ngh. Tell me, sir, what would you like to know first...how to get frostbite in sub-zero temps much easier, or how to have a fun time sliding across a major highway due to black ice and causing a 20 car pile up? Winter is awesome!! :thmsup:

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Winter is awesome!!
My personal favorite part: the sand trucks which ruthlessly drop pebbles on the highway at 60+ mph causing a pelting on my baby...

And the salt. I love salt. Keeps the paint minty-fresh.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
My personal favorite part: the sand trucks which ruthlessly drop pebbles on the highway at 60+ mph causing a pelting on my baby...

And the salt. I love salt. Keeps the paint minty-fresh.

:lmao: Yep! Just as good as AquaFresh!

Fortunately, we don't have "sand" trucks here in PA - only salt trucks - which go 20mph and cause you to stay 10 car lengths back (and forget trying to pass 'em because they hog both lanes) or else you may go in with a Graphite Pearl car and come out with a Taf White one lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts