Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my car lowered a bit and to put new tires / wheels on it.

My car has 18 inch tires atm, i will get 19'' wheels (does summer or winter performance really matter if i don't race?)

Basically i want to know how many inches should i lower my car, and what it would cost, and where is it easiest to do it at.

My car is a 06 accord ex v6 with body kit / spoiler.

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
(does summer or winter performance really matter if i don't race?)

Basically i want to know how many inches should i lower my car, and what it would cost, and where is it easiest to do it at.
QA #1 Yes. You might want to check out a tire web site, but summer tires will normally have more surface area that contacts the road, winter tires will have more grooves and or studs for digging into snow and ice causeing more road noise. There's a lot more info, so... in short, get a good all season tire.
QA #2 There are two ways to do this... Well, three that I know. (1) cut your springs, DON"T DO IT!! (2) lowering springs. They come in a df heights you need to know how low you want b4 you buy. (3) Coilovers. Set to the height you want em. Springs will run around $100-600 depending where you buy, brand, and ride height, and quality. Coils $900-2000 dollars for same reasons. but you get what you pay for unless you get ripped off. Many threds with info plus the web. Just seach, look at ride heights and see what YOU like. And remember the lower you are, bigger chance of scrubin the ground.
Happy modding:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts