Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi yall, new to the website but i was a member of toyota nation before i got my 03 accord two weeks ago. ANNYYWAY i bought an aftermarket tachometer from Xtune. it was 3 wires, a green, red and black. i know black is ground and red is power. BUUUUTTTT what wire does the green connect to and where is it? and what power wire should i tap into for the red power wire. Thanks in advance -Denver

bump? anyone help me out

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts
No one has installed an aftermarket tach when the car already has one as standard equipment. Buy a service manual so you can have the wiring diagram for the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It is one of those big ones that people put on their dash? A la Fast and Furious? Never understood their appeal.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure they do, all the time and yea its a little bit big but i like the carbon fiber aspect of it

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
Is your car an automatic trans? :lmao:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
manual

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Members in this forum are not really into these type of mods, more into exterior aesthetic mods like wheels, lips, etc. Most keep their cars near stock so not many can help with this.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Here is a link to a wiring diagram I see it shows a tach connection.

edoqs.com/download/d2bae13c62f13ff780e599879f5ed8e0

·
838 Posts
Members in this forum are not really into these type of mods, more into exterior aesthetic mods like wheels, lips, etc. Most keep their cars near stock so not many can help with this.
AKA, they have accepted that their car isn't going to win any race. Except against a diesel Rabbit.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, and lips are too pricey for 03 accords. and ther is sadly no grills for coupes -.-

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump. still cant seem to find the tacho wire.. it says blue/red but when i wired it still didint work -.- .. grrrr

F%CK yeah! finally figured it out. all the diagrams are wrong btw. its a red and blue wire but its in the far right connector (of the ecu passenger side) 3rd row down, 4th wire to the left. incase anyone else was wondering. got to put back the interior of my car tommorow lol..

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
thanks, and lips are too pricey for 03 accords. and ther is sadly no grills for coupes -.-
A replica lip should be less expensive then the tach you just installed no ?

Just DIY your grill - if you've just wired and mounted an aftermarket tach, you're clearly comfortable with tinkering ...

·
838 Posts
Pics and video please. I want to see the neon heart attack when you hit 6700rpm.

·
Registered
426 Posts
replica lips are like, $30 bucks off ebay. fitment is like poop, but still. oem lips are rather harder to come by.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
replica lip for 03 accord coupe. where -.-
:dunno:

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts

·
Banned
13,101 Posts