Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i press my cd/aux button, it will not switch to the aux option. this is with the adapter plugged into the port on the radio.

i purchased an adapter off of amazon and everything was working fine for about a month. then my cd/aux button would not switch to the CDC auxillary option. i assumed it was the adapter that went bad because i know the aux option will only work with the adapter plugged in. we toook the console apart and the red light on the certain adapter was not even on. again, i assumed the adapter went bad (it was a cheap one). so then i bought the more expenseive one-USA SPEC PA15-HON2. after getting it plugged in, the cd/aux button still would not switch to the aux option...not a good sign.

SO, what could the problem be; shorted out button..bad port on the radio? should i try troubleshooting the radio? btw i don't have xm or nav but do have the internal 6 disc cd changer.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
If the light on the aux unit isn't coming on, it's not getting power....check the cable on both ends and make sure it's pushed all the way in to the radio and the aux unit.

Make sure any DIP switches are set correctly for your model radio. You have the same head unit I do. What brand was your first aux unit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you replying. i didnt even see it until just now.... we definitely checked to make sure stuff was plugged in all the way and checked DIP switches. the first aux unit was such a cheap one, it didnt have a brand. i got it off of amazon. i dont know if maybe it fried the plug in on the bottom of the stereo? do you if that plug in can be replaced?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts