Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bulb that lights up my "check engine" indicator in my cluster gauge just went out, and I need to know the size of the bulb to replace.

You cant imagine how hard its been to google this. The moment I enter "check engine light" my shot at finding an answer is drowned out by dumb posts about "Why is my check engine light on?" Good lord. Im also hungover and just want some answers and need the help of a kindhearted individual. Thanks!!

2003 Accord v6 Ex Coupe AT w/navi
141k miles

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
Im also hungover and just want some answers and need the help of a kindhearted individual. Thanks!!
Hungover at 2:37 pm? Perhaps a burned out light bulb ain't your biggest problem?:lmao:

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Hungover at 2:37 pm? Perhaps a burned out light bulb ain't your biggest problem?:lmao:
My thoughts exactly!!! On a Thursday? WOW! :lmao:

In regards to your question, I believe that you can desolder the old bulb out of the cluster, buy a new bulb (they're tiny) and resolder it to the circuit board. That's how I understand it, at least. Maybe someone who has done this operation will chime in.

·
Registered
385 Posts
its a t74 i think bulb buts its led and you need to solder it on. ive got a bunch of blue leds im going to put in i just need to find a desoldering tool

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The bulbs are LED, they are soldered in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. My hangover is over and im good to go. Yes yes yes hung over on Thursday I know....lol When you are really good at selling pest control door-to-door you only have to work 5 months out of the year. So why not get drunk when ever you feel like it?? Blessing and a curse...

Anyways I just ended up replacing the entire cluster gauge. The green plug on that back was extremely challenging to take out. Once i popped it off the gauge slipped out of my hand, bounced a few times and all the snap on tabs broke off. Just sat there for a while in a hot ball of anger before I bought the new one. Thanks for the help anyways fellas. You guys are awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts