Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 99 accord lx and i just got some new component speakers for my doors and the stock tweeter positions and i was wondering if anyone else has done the same and if they could give me some locations for the cross overs.

I was thinking about inside the glove box but if anyone has another place for me to put them. thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got a 99 accord lx and i just got some new component speakers for my doors and the stock tweeter positions and i was wondering if anyone else has done the same and if they could give me some locations for the cross overs.

I was thinking about inside the glove box but if anyone has another place for me to put them. thanks
I used to have a 98, and I mounted my crossovers behind the head unit, there was plenty of room, and it made wiring easy.

·
Mass Effect
292 Posts
You can mount the crossovers inside the door but youll need to do some weather proofing to ensure they dont get any moisture. A buddy of mine years ago rigged up some Tupperware boxes and used them. Worked like a charm and he kept his x-overs in his doors for a couple years with no issues.

But behind the head unit or under the dash works just as well too and makes it easier to get to them should you have to work on them or something.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you. ill look into those two places as well. did you guys ever run into mounting depth problems for your door speakers? the new ones i got are two deep for the stock housings and i got a one inch spacer but now those are too tall and the door panel wont go on. any ideas or anything?

·
Mass Effect
292 Posts
Youre probably gonna have to find another speaker then. If you need a 1" spacer to get the thing to clear the window but then you cant get the trim panel back on, there isnt anything else you can do aside from cutting a hole in the trim panel itself and running the mid thru that. Thats actually the best way from a sound quality standpoint as it keeps all the sound outside the trim panel and not resonating around inside it but its hard to do and not look all gawdy and ghetto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts