1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you are talking about the "box-like shape" on the intake, the MAF sensor goes there. You have to remove it from the stock air box and screw it on to that area. I believe the intake kit comes with new set of screws for it. Then you just plug in the connector to the MAF sensor and you are good to go. From the pics I couldn't tell but I think the only part you may be missing is the rubber tube to use to connect the end of the intake to the throttle body, but you may just not have included it in the pic. Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are talking about the "box-like shape" on the intake, the MAF sensor goes there. You have to remove it from the stock air box and screw it on to that area. I believe the intake kit comes with new set of screws for it. Then you just plug in the connector to the MAF sensor and you are good to go. From the pics I couldn't tell but I think the only part you may be missing is the rubber tube to use to connect the end of the intake to the throttle body, but you may just not have included it in the pic. Good luck!
Yeah on the second picture their these holes I'm missing the part to go their do I really need them or can I go ahead and install the intake? Btw I forgot to mention I bought the intake used.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah on the second picture their these holes I'm missing the part to go their do I really need them or can I go ahead and install the intake? Btw I forgot to mention I bought the intake used.
That other guy answered you already, maybe re-read his post.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok I read it thanks, one thing I'm missing the rubber tube do I really need it?
Yes, that is the only way to connect the intake to the throttle body. Watch the video below and it will show how the install process goes. From there you can see what and how to replace the MAF sensor as well as the parts you may need.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that is the only way to connect the intake to the throttle body. Watch the video below and it will show how the install process goes. From there you can see what and how to replace the MAF sensor as well as the parts you may need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SFhLBTSZoc
Appreciate the help bro, one last question do you think I can buy these parts at pep boys or auto advance?

·
Registered
83 Posts
It depends on the part. I have never actually checked but if it is just the rubber hose they may carry it. I would suggest just buying it online from amazon or ebay as it will be cheaper and you are bound to find it. Also I don't remember from my install but for the rubber hose you will need clamps to hold tighten them. I just don't remember if they came with my kit or I used the ones from the original air box.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It depends on the part. I have never actually checked but if it is just the rubber hose they may carry it. I would suggest just buying it online from amazon or ebay as it will be cheaper and you are bound to find it. Also I don't remember from my install but for the rubber hose you will need clamps to hold tighten them. I just don't remember if they came with my kit or I used the ones from the original air box.
I'll take a picture later on tonight of everything I have and you'll let me know if I'm missing a part. Idk I'm confused this is my first time doing this.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,703 Posts
closed by request (thread was reported by OP).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.