Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm on a audio fix lately. Just installed my XM radio in my 2007 SE with help from this and now I'm looking to upgrade from my stock speakers.

I've read the forums for about 6 hours straight now and although I'd like to drop $1k and put a sub, amps and speakers in like this, I'm going to have to settle with just speakers for now.

I'm looking at these for the front: Alpine SPS-600C
and these for the back: Alpine SPR-69C Hi-End 6 x 9 Coaxial 2-Way Speakers

I just have a few questions.
Would the factory deck be able to handle all of these speakers?
I assume (read in another thread) I can use the factory wiring for all speakers?
Would I be better off purchasing something else?

Thanks for any and all input!

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
JL Audio makes good speakers that work very well with the stock deck. TR690s in the rear and TR600s in the front doors. Buy Metra speaker harness plugs for plug and play and the Metra spacer ring for the front doors. There is a spacer ring on Amazon that is designed for the Accord doors.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Keep saving for now.

Doing it right once: 1000-1500

Doing it wrong four or five times before doing it right: $500 + $500 + $500 + $500 + $1-2k= priceless

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Keep saving for now.

Doing it right once: 1000-1500

Doing it wrong four or five times before doing it right: $500 + $500 + $500 + $500 + $1-2k= priceless
You do realize that spending $1500 doesn't guarantee that someone will do it right the first time. I am sure you have heard some pretty sh*tty sounding stereos from people that spent much more. Classic fail = driving a car with a stereo that cost more than the car's value. Just because someone can throw in a sub and an amp doesn't mean it will sound good. Especially since the Accord is notorious for rattling parts.

·
Registered
926 Posts
You do realize that spending $1500 doesn't guarantee that someone will do it right the first time. I am sure you have heard some pretty sh*tty sounding stereos from people that spent much more. Classic fail = driving a car with a stereo that cost more than the car's value. Just because someone can throw in a sub and an amp doesn't mean it will sound good. Especially since the Accord is notorious for rattling parts.
PLENTY of times...all due to bad installs, though rather than actual product selection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts