Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SE Sedan. I am looking to buy Mids and highs that go with what I have so far. i also need a good amp to push them. This is what i have so far. Please let me know as much as you can. i will read EVERYTHIING. My budget is about $200-250 for the 6x9's and 6.5"s

Thanks in advance

I just bought one 12" Polk in box as shown in link.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/specs/mm12/

This Sony Explod Head Unit: CDX-GT54OUI (this one doesn't have the "I" at the end of the model#

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666290106#specifications

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, but bridged One channel = @ 4 OHMS it is 500 watts RMS.

I haven't bought the AMP yet, but I was getting it new for $160.

Budget for the 4 speakers and amp to push it? It all depends. I want it to sound sweet!

I bought the head unit @ best buy on black Friday and the speaker with enclosoure it's new in box from a friend.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Buy 1 amp that'll power everything

Rear speakers aren't needed as they pull your sound stage back. You want it to keep all the sound upfront. Again, what's your budget?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buy 1 amp that'll power everything

Rear speakers aren't needed as they pull your sound stage back. You want it to keep all the sound upfront. Again, what's your budget?
Heck that would be great. I am looking to spend no more than $200 on the amp, if possible. And then the 4 speakers, to me, are going to be the most important component, because they will give me the true clear sound IMO

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to keep shopping around and doing research. I appreciate the offer and will let you know when i come close to making a decision. I have seen incredible deals on Ebay for top name amps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make an offer for 200
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27474_MB-Quart-ONX4.125.html

You'll get 125 x 2 + 500 x 1 @ 4 ohms for your sub
I am trying to figure this all out, so bare with me.

I bought the following

Infinity 6030 (6 3/4) Peak: @2 ohms RMS: 90 watts each side

Infinity 692.9i (6x9) Peak: @2 ohms 110 watts rrms each

Polk Audio mm12 in box @4ohms 500 watts RMS, 1,000 max

Sony Explod Head CDX-GT54OUI

As far as what I told you about my budget, I can go about $250-300 MAX if it's an amp that will push my 4+ sub. I really would like quality sound with a good thump :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the 2 sets of infinity I bought from 2 different websites. The sub I bought semi-used. I could always sell it.

I have seen quite a few people with the same Infinity set up. Is the problem that the 2ohs won't sound as well as the 4ohms?

What if I had 2 different amps? Can't the mids and highs run at 2ohms, and the sub at 4ohm?

I can try to cancel both orders if need by. Let me know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, won't do it with 300, though
So it can be done? Well maybe I will buy a mono amp on Craigslist here in Miami or Eaby. I thought I was so close to being done:nuts:

I was trying to keep it simple,too.

The HU says 2 pre-outs and 52Wx4 RDS, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Return the infinity's dude. 2 ohm is sort of a deal breaker since running at a lower ohm brings in more heat, distortion, and will tax your electrical a lot more.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, so I cancelled both orders on the Infinities. Here is what the guy from Ebay told me. I am not going to go back and fourth with him about Ohms. I trust what you are saying about distortion and the battery. So now I am back to square one on the speakers. My budget is about $200-250 total on all 4.

"You are making a mistake by switching to a 4 ohm speaker... You will only have half the output at 4 ohms as you do at 2. Your friend is Not correct on his statement. BUT I want you to be happy so what speakers do you want to switch your order to? We carry Image Dynamics, Orion, Diamond, Kicker, MTX Arc Audio, Clarion, Kenwood, Polk Audio, MB Quart.... I HIGHLY reccomend the Image Dynamics. If you read about them online they are by far the ULTIMATE speakers. I would reccomend using a 5 channel amp for the setup. Our best selling 5 channel amp is the PPI item # 190463590060 it is $169.85 delivered. at 2 ohms: 190 watts x 4 chan. + 260 watts for the highs x 1 chan For the Subwoofer when you use 4 ohm speakers you will loose lots of power with ALL amps and this one puts out 4 ohms: 120 watts x 4 chan. + 160 watts x 1 chan. Please look at the store and let me know which speakers you would like to switch to and if you would like an amp also. "

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I revised my budget :banana:

·
Registered
926 Posts
He's sort of right, but his opinion is too black and white. You would need double the power for a 3db increase. 3db is NOT noticeable in the realm of things. It would take 6+db to really notice a increase in volume.

so 250 for speakers? what about amp(s)?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's sort of right, but his opinion is too black and white. You would need double the power for a 3db increase. 3db is NOT noticeable in the realm of things. It would take 6+db to really notice a increase in volume.

so 250 for speakers? what about amp(s)?
About the same. I was not looking to spend more than $500.
I also read somewhere else to spand 75% of your money on the front. I want some real good sounding shiznick :thmsup:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts