Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly I'm becoming a bit bored with my k24z2 in the lx. I want some more power without spending my entire funds on it . I'm thinking of getting a taketa intake. But I'm not sure whether to get SRI or CAI. Any input on that ? And what about their throttle body ? Worth the money ? Any info on these? And any other suggestions will be appreciated

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sell the car and get a V6. Any dollars you spend on aftermarket accessories only offer marginal improvements and actually depreciate your current car even faster. At the very least keep the stock parts and reinstall them before you sell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been told that a lot but I do like these bulletproof k24 engines and I like the gas mileage I get because I commute a lot . Right now a v6 isn't an option. If I was to sell id buy an e36 m3 not another accord. Good advice though I would've gotten a v6 but I got a really good deal on this car

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry to dig up an older post but if you are still considering installing a new intake, I would strongly recommend a Takeda SRI. If i remember right a CAI is harder to install and usually requires you to remove the whole front bumper. About a year ago I bought and installed the Takeda SRI into my car and the only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner. Fairly cheap and easy to install, it adds a little more torque and power but the sound just never gets old. It is a quiet growl during normal driving, but when you floor it the sound makes your heart race. Best investment hands down I have made to the car. It gives new life to your car.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
Sorry to dig up an older post but if you are still considering installing a new intake, I would strongly recommend a Takeda SRI. If i remember right a CAI is harder to install and usually requires you to remove the whole front bumper. About a year ago I bought and installed the Takeda SRI into my car and the only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner. Fairly cheap and easy to install, it adds a little more torque and power but the sound just never gets old. It is a quiet growl during normal driving, but when you floor it the sound makes your heart race. Best investment hands down I have made to the car. It gives new life to your car.
I'm sure he or someone else will appreciate the suggestion, however it looks like he picked up the E36 M3 that he was talking about in his post instead.

I have a feeling he's not out looking for gains with the I4 anymore :banana:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am interested in getting a set of these but I have heard that pulleys sacrifice other aspects such as A/C. (The i4 already struggles with the A/C and it gets pretty hot down here in FL) Does this set not do that?
His set shouldnt because they do Not underdrive anything they are just lighter.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Ive heard mixed reviews about pulleys , have you heard any cases of squeaky belts with them?
I am interested in getting a set of these but I have heard that pulleys sacrifice other aspects such as A/C. (The i4 already struggles with the A/C and it gets pretty hot down here in FL) Does this set not do that?
Squeaking belts are generally the belt not being tight enough and requiring you to just adjust the tensioner.

This is an underdrive set-up, the pull is minor but depends on your current draw (lots of electronics, etc). Typically, there is no issue unless you are running a large aftermarket audio system, etc. in which I'd recommend upgrading your charging system anyways.

Some models of the i4 have had underpowered batteries, if you are starting to notice dimming headlights, etc. you may want to put a load test on your battery (any dealer can do this for free) and consider just upgrading to a V6 or better battery, especially if the car is not maintaining proper load.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Honestly, without a tune most of the mods you are going to put on will not benefit your car very much. The ecu will adjust itself and you probably won't gain a lot of hp or tq. Especially if you only plan on doing a SRI or CAI. Ktuner is coming out with a tune soon.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
One mod that will work without tuning is an under drive kit from Throwdown.

Another would be removing the resonator but your only going to see top end increase, and it will be small.

Lighten up the car. Remove the back seats and belts, spare tire and tools, and get light 17" wheels and good sticky tires. I removed 20 lbs on small stuff alone. The resonator can be 10 lbs alone.

·
2010 EX 4dr VTEC 2.4L
248 Posts
Sell the car and get a V6. Any dollars you spend on aftermarket accessories only offer marginal improvements and actually depreciate your current car even faster. At the very least keep the stock parts and reinstall them before you sell.
I completely disagree with this. Why not have fun while saving a little gas right? I know the it is not cost effective, like AT ALL, but still will give you individuality, which I'm sure is the reason why most people tune their cars.
I hope you found the power you were looking for.
Happy tuning~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts