Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a J35Z3 Engine That needs Camshafts. The old ones have pitting on the Exhaust lobes. What would be a OEM replacement better than J35Z3 Camshafts???
Thanks

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
983 Posts
There's not gonna be much that's better and will work. This whole era of J35 has some issues with camshafts. It's especially prominent on the VCM engines but can happen on non-VCM engines like yours too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's not gonna be much that's better and will work. This whole era of J35 has some issues with camshafts. It's especially prominent on the VCM engines but can happen on non-VCM engines like yours too.
Thanks
Found 2 (two) new stock Camshafts for the J35Z3 engine. Again thanks!!!!

·
VCM DELETE
1,053 Posts
Wow, Correct me if im wrong but isnt the J35Z3 the engine from the 6-6 8th gen coupe? I rarely hear of issues with that engine as its non-vcm.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
983 Posts
Wow, Correct me if im wrong but isnt the J35Z3 the engine from the 6-6 8th gen coupe? I rarely hear of issues with that engine as its non-vcm.
Yes, it's non-VCM. But unfortunately, like I said before, this whole era of J35 since VCM became more common has had issues with the camshafts wearing out, even the non-VCM engines. It's just more prevalent on the VCM engines, especially the VCM-2 engines like present in the 8th gen Accord. I'm just glad I haven't had to deal with it yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts