Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate opinions on the following suspension pieces to be added to my 2010,3.5 Coupe,auto trans.
Please keep in mid that I only want a 1-1/4" drop. I do not need adjustability for height.
DanielC409 was very helpful with my first posting-Thank you Daniel. ( very knowledgeable guy )
Here's my idea.
HFP Sport struts / shocks. That would give me the desired drop.
Progress 22mm Sway Bar
Ultra Racing Front Strut Tower Brace
Would I benefit from the Progress Rear End Link upgrade?
Would I benefit from the Progress Mid Support Bar?
If I don't care about adjustability with the HFP, do I need any type of rear camber bars?
My goal is to have a sportier set up for everyday driving. A more responsive feel without turning it into a autocross ride.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Since I've already given my opinion, I'll answer the part about the rear camber. With only a 1" drop, I'd suggest getting the 1 arm SPC rear camber kit. That'll at least save you from some uneven tire wear.

I'll let maybe Mark from throwdown or Zexen if he's still around chime in about the UR chassis pieces since he has the full set on his ride, there might be a couple of others with it as well.

And thank you. i

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Well, since you're only looking for a 1-1.25" drop, I'd say the HFP kit is right for you then. The HFP kit is said to drop it 1", but in reality once the springs and dampers settle, the ride height will have dropped about another .1-.25 of an inch. Gonna warn you now that, that isn't much of a noticeable drop. You might be able to notice the drop in person, but it might be too subtle to notice in pics. Just saying in case you were looking for a more dramatic drop in ride height. Of course, with lower ride height and upgraded dampers, the car will definitely feel better through turns and what not. So THAT, you will feel.

If you're going to upgrade to a much beefier sway bar, I'd get the beefier end links just to be safe. I'm sure the stock end links can handle it, but it's better safe than sorry.

As for the mid-support bar. I'm sure you would notice it under hard cornering, as the car might feel a bit more tighter, but under normal driving conditions I doubt you'd notice any dramatic changes in ride quality.

Camber kits aren't really necessary for that mild of a drop, so this one is kind of up to you. You will get a mild amount of uneven tire wear, even if you get it properly aligned, but I doubt it would be too much to worry about. Still, that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider it, I'm just saying you could or don't have to.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
What kind of car do you have?
Here's his first thread for just some quick info reference and intro:

This is my first post to this forum. I have been observing the forum for several months and am impressed with the dedication and knowlege that is shared here.
I'm probably a little different from the average forum member as I'm 65 years old and retired. Vietnam Vet with some disabilities.
However, I've been a gearhead for most of my years having been involved in hotrodding and muscle cars. I bought a 2010 V6 Coupe because I feel it is a great car for the money and fun to play around with different add ons. Plus I can drive it anywhere and not worry as long as I have stock wheels.
So far I have installed the Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust and the K&N Typhoon Intake System. I want to get some better handling but am undecided if I want to install the HFP suspension because of the pot holes, dips and pretty bad road condition in Northern NJ and NYC. I am impressed with the Progressive 22mm sway bar and would appreciate feedback if that alone would make a difference. I feel the TSX 18mm ( I think 18mm,maybe 19mm?) is not that much of an upgrade to make a noticeable difference. I'm not trying to create a rock solid, teeth jarring ride.
Also if any of you members in NJ need and extra hand for an install,let me know.I'm no way an "A" tech but would be glad to assist if needed.
Thank you and I look forward to your advice.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Here's his first thread for just some quick info reference and intro:
Thanks.

Since I have a few of the mods the OP is asking about I'll chime in. I believe the HFP suspension is great compromise for lowered suspension while maintaining comfort. It was very noticeable in appearance going from the slightly lifted stock height look to the clean filled in wheel wells being lowered on the HFP suspension. You will find there are infinite opinions on what is the perfect wheel well gap I'm sure many will post in this thread shortly contesting my opinion on HFP providing the ideal look. The car is a noticeably stiffer after the drop but not bone jarring to hit highway divides or potholes, though I avoid them very well and rarely hit a pothole.

For me the 22mm progress rear sway bar on the soft setting with my endlinks in culmination with my HFP suspension provides great handling when I'm on my summer tires. The ride quality will suffer noticeably after adding the sway 22mm sway bar. I felt it wasn't too harsh on the soft setting for daily driving but I know of a member who did the same suspension, minus the endlinks and felt the 22mm sway bar was too stiff for daily driving with his HFP suspension. As for the handling with all 3 of my suspension mods I did a few days of canyon carving in the mountains here this summer and had a great time pushing my car on the turns always responsibly and not to the absolute limit of the car. I have not squeeled tires around a turn on my summer rubber yet.

If you find yourself cringing when you hit potholes on stock suspension or getting easily irritated with harsh road conditions but want just a little more from handling of the car and not sacrificing too much harshness, I would do just HFP suspension and the TSX rear sway bar. If you want a night and day difference and handling and can sacrifice a noticeable, not rediculous amout of harshness I would add the 22mm sway bar or possibly 19mm UR sway, perhaps it would be a good compromise for what you're looking to do. I plan to keep my car for the long haul, which is why I got the endlinks, I wanted to set and forget. I know of many members running the 22mm progress bar and have not broken their stock endlinks yet but you probably won't find anyone running that bar that has over 10000 miles on it. I always try to error on the side of caution. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reply to Tommypenquin

Thanks for the S/B advice.
It's the only item I wasn't sure about. I was attracted to the 22mm because I thought the stock 3.5 bar is 18mm? If it is 17mm then the 19mm would do the job for me. I notice DanielC409 has the 22mm but I believe he's in Calif and I'm tn NJ. The winter here destroys the already terrible roads.
No one had an opinion on the front Strut Bar?
The feedback is much apperciated. Trial and error is something I'm looking forward to not having to do!
Sorry---DanielC is from Texas.

·
The Stig's day off...
223 Posts
Front strut bar is a good one to do too, though the V6 already has a pretty good one.

Front Sway bars will seriously stiffen the ride up and are more difficult to change out than the RSB. Not something I would do on my DD.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thanks for the S/B advice.
It's the only item I wasn't sure about. I was attracted to the 22mm because I thought the stock 3.5 bar is 18mm? If it is 17mm then the 19mm would do the job for me. I notice DanielC409 has the 22mm but I believe he's in Calif and I'm tn NJ. The winter here destroys the already terrible roads.
No one had an opinion on the front Strut Bar?
The feedback is much apperciated. Trial and error is something I'm looking forward to not having to do!
Sorry---DanielC is from Texas.
The stock V6 coupe RSB is 15MM. The 09+ TSX RSB is 17MM. I think you'll be happy with the HFP sport suspension and the TSX RSB. And as Daniel mentioned, you might consider the SPC 1-arm camber kit for the rear. The dealer can get the car in spec with regards to the rear alignment, but the SPC will give them the flexibility to reduce some of the negative camber.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is all extremely helpful.
Thank you all for the insightful and valuable advice. I'm sorry you all aren't closer to NJ!!!!!
Seems like a bunch of "good guys" here.

96 Posts
i have megan springs and the tsx rsb on my 08 sedan. i love the suspension. its a mild drop, about 1.5 inches, great price, and megan is very reliable. the cornering, and turning at high speeds is awesome. I took a 30mph off ramp the other day at 60 with almost no body roll. its awesome. drop+rsb was prob the best mods i did to my car

as far as the camber goes, you dont need to do that right away. i dropped my car about 3 weeks ago, but i am noticing the camber, and when you can visually see it, you have a problem lol, and i think the toe is messed up on the car, but an allignment will fix that. Nothing needs to be done untill the car settles. I say go for it, youll be happy.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
Yey guys does anyone have the contact from Nopi for the SPC camber arms? Alex posted it before and I used his contact to get one arm kit, but now I want to get the rest of them since I am on coilovers. It was someone from Nopi and he had a good price but dont remember his name or extension, any of you know?

This would help Red as well if he wanted a good price

·
Registered
873 Posts
There was a thread that was saying nopi isnt selling them anymore, but I am not 100% sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts