Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2015 EX-L Sedan
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I need to replace the chrome part at the base of the left rear door glass that got a dent on it (see attached picture).
Can someone help me with the part name or number too look for, and may be some instructions on replacement?
This is for Accord 2012 EX-L.
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

·
2015 EX-L Sedan
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thmsup:Thank you! I will take a closer look tonight. Maybe find service manual somewhere for replacement instructions. Just don't want to break anything along the way...

·
2015 EX-L Sedan
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on the attached PDF from service manual, assuming the part I need to replace is door glass outer weatherstrip, the procedure is quite complex and involves replacement of the door panel and plastic cover.

From the other hand, based on the diagram from the links you provided the part I need to replace is marked 8/11 and involves replacement of a screw and a clip, which is quite simple.

Which one of the two options above is correct?

Attachments

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I would just take the door panel off (which seems fairly simple) and see what it looks like.

·
2015 EX-L Sedan
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would just take the door panel off (which seems fairly simple) and see what it looks like.
It does not look that simple to me (see attached from service manual). There are clips and cords that can be easily damaged, so I wanted to make sure I am on the right track before I start doing this.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts