Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 years of wear and tear I have a few things I need to replace on my ’04 Coupe and was hoping to get some advice from the forum.

1. Keys. About 2 years ago one of my original keys fell apart. This is mostly due to the ton of crap that my wife keeps on her key chain :). I started using the second key and now it is starting to come loose and will most likely be following the same path. Is there a good after market place to get the keys made for cheap and still keep the buttons? I have looked at the switchblade types but was looking for more suggestions. I’m also considering a dealer as this would be the best solution but much more expensive.

2. Head Liner. My head liner is sagging badly, it started in the front at the windshield and now travels down the sides between the door jam and the sunroof. Any suggestions on how to fix this or where to buy the parts to replace it? Is this something I should do myself or is it better to spend the few extra bucks and have someone else do this?

3. My driver side window button seems to have lost its memory. The window will go up and down but will continue to activate even after the window has reached its final destination. I have to manually adjust it back in the center to get it to stop. My fear is that if this continues it will burn up the motor in the window.

Other Thoughts..
I am having the same power steering issues that I have seen posted and plan on following the plans listed in this link http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25654 Many thanks to Aviography for posting it. :banana:

My armrest on the driver side is doing the same thing as http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53613 so I am planning on pulling off the door and then doing some manual manipulation in order to get it to look and work right. I’ll post photos if the job turns out okay.

And I am also going to follow the advice of http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53781 for Transmission Fluid replacement. Don’t forget that a well maintained Accord is a happy Accord :nuts:

This has been a great car over the years and after nearly 90k miles it just needs some TLC. I look forward to passing this down to my 15, almost 16yo one day. (save us all!) :wave:

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
1. Keys. About 2 years ago one of my original keys fell apart. This is mostly due to the ton of crap that my wife keeps on her key chain :). I started using the second key and now it is starting to come loose and will most likely be following the same path. Is there a good after market place to get the keys made for cheap and still keep the buttons? I have looked at the switchblade types but was looking for more suggestions. I’m also considering a dealer as this would be the best solution but much more expensive.
You could go with something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Honda-Accord-REMOTE-KEY-REPLACEMENT-SHELL-UNCUT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb138e0dcQQitemZ200541790428QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Just swap the electronics and the transponder and have the key cut. My dealer cut the key for free, but I have heard that others charge for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My headliner started sagging above the passenger's seat about 6 months ago. I just went ahead and ordered a new one. Did the install myself. It's not too bad. I was gonna get charged like $100 for fixing it anyway.

·
2006 I4 MT
2,088 Posts
I've seen headliners done before in a professional shop. I think as long as you take your time, it should be ok. They use contact cement in pro shops sprayed from a paint gun. You can buy it in a spray can.

Just buy a roll of the stuff. It has a small foam backing I think.

Spray both fabric and headliner board and let it get tacky then attach together. Then you need a razor blade to trim around the lights and all edges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts