Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking a long road trip at the end of the month. While I thought about getting a car bra as I have had on other cars, the OEM bra doesnt get great reviews, plus the cost is quite high. So, I'm thinking of a deflector.

I think I have narrowed it down to the form fit from CHH or the WeatherTech model. Any pros/cons on either of these? Any prefernce on brand?

Thanks in advance. Need to get this ordered ASAP!

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Would like to mention the AVS Aeroskin as a consideration. Cheap and easy, peel and stick, protects the hood at its most vulnerable point. IMO looks the best on a white car and pretty good on the darker colors. Several threads on this forum about it.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Get off my lawn
249 Posts
AVS Carflector leaves about 12" of hood exposed on each end of the hood on my coupe. I am probably sending that one back. AVS can't tell me yet if their Aeroskin goes all the way across. I'm waiting to hear from Weathertech as to if their product goes all the way to the fender. Form fit is new to me.

Well, I don't see an edit button, so I'll update here. Weathertech showed me a photo of a product on a Civic going edge to edge on the hood, indicating it had similar coverage on an Accord coupe. I ordered it, only to find out that it has no more coverage than the AVS product, stopping at the inner top of the headlight housings, leaving 12" or more of hood exposed. That was an $80 purchase ($60 plus 20 S&H). That's going back.
AVS also did advise that their Aeroskin does not offer full coverage of the width of the hood on the coupe.
Form Fit wants about $110 shipped. They say their product goes across the entire hood, but sent me a photo of the sedan, saying it is an accurate rendition of the coverage on the coupe deflector. Now I'm a bit skeptical after the Weathertech farce, so I have asked for a measurement.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The Aero sklin does not cover the entire width of the hood.

Looking at that Form Fit picture post it covers the same or less than an Aeroskin. I always put on OEM hood detectors. I had wind noise problems with an AVS deflector that I installed on my Saturn VUE. When I installed the OEM no noise. I can't speak for Form Fit and its application on an Accord. I have the Aeroskin and it looks great. The Aeroskin is not a deflector.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Then you have to see if you get wind noise from an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hood deflector or Paint Protection Film

Honda says they don't make a deflector for the 15 coupe.
On my TSX, I have a paint protection film on the bumper, lights, mirrors and partial hood, 18 inches. On the Accord, I went with a similar setup, except for a full hood coverage. The TSX had numerous other chips on the hood from all the highway driving, so this time, I went with full coverage on the Accord hood.:grin

·
Get off my lawn
249 Posts
Form Fit got back to me to advise the width of the deflector for the coupe is 46" wide and 5.5" deep at most. By my calcs, this leaves about 7 inches of hood exposed on each end, similar to the coverage in the photo of the sedan they sent me, however I can't yet post attachments to show that. However, College Hills Honda has a photo link to the OEM sedan bugflector here Air Deflector (4dr) - HD9D13-4 - College Hills Honda which looks identical to the FormFit product in the photo I got from FormFit, FWIW.
Bottom line is, AVS and Weathertech are same width (36" approx) and FormFit goes 10" wider, nobody goes edge-to-edge.

·
Vendor
809 Posts
I also think that AVS is a great option! Their hood deflectors are made of rugged ABS plastic, installs easily with 3M tape and backed by a limited lifetime warranty. Here is the installation video, showing the whole process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH4MWA-ke2o
By the way, now they offer $10 American Express Reward Card with the purchase of any deflector. This offer is valid till August 31, 2015!

·
Registered
312 Posts
The Aeroskin lays flat on the hood and attaches with 3M tape. A deflector is slightly above the hood. I have the Aeroskin on my LX a deflector on my truck.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Form Fit got back to me to advise the width of the deflector for the coupe is 46" wide and 5.5" deep at most. By my calcs, this leaves about 7 inches of hood exposed on each end, similar to the coverage in the photo of the sedan they sent me, however I can't yet post attachments to show that. However, College Hills Honda has a photo link to the OEM sedan bugflector here Air Deflector (4dr) - HD9D13-4 - College Hills Honda which looks identical to the FormFit product in the photo I got from FormFit, FWIW.
Bottom line is, AVS and Weathertech are same width (36" approx) and FormFit goes 10" wider, nobody goes edge-to-edge.
The Aeroskin is there to cover the vulnerable edge on the hood. The rest of the hood is behind the headlights where there isn't an edge. Granted the hood could get hit there but less likely because the headlight makes the leading edge.

·
Get off my lawn
249 Posts
Update on Formfit, mine arrived yesterday. It is wide enough to cover entire width of hood to fenders (about 60"). They must have measured a sedan model when they gave me the 47" measurement. This is good, as it is what I was looking for. Finally, a good out come on my deflector search after sending AVS and Weathertech back. I'll say this, Advance Auto and Weathertech were quick and gracious about refunds. I'll post photos when installed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts