Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple rust spots where rocks hit my hood on the front of my car. they're very small, but what do you guys think would be the best fix?

Sand paper - what grit
primer?
then just use touch up paint??

·
No longer active
702 Posts
Rust? Bad. Can't help you with that. If I ever see rust, I'll take it to get fixed properly. I just don't know enough.
As for chips, drcolorchip.com is the best I've seen.
I recently tried to use touch up paint on my car and it looks terrible. I asked my dad about it (he's a car nut) and he showed my his 911's hood. It looks perfect. Then he told me he used drcolorchip and it took care of everything.
I think I saw somewhere that they sell a "rust removing pen" that might work on any existing (small) rust spots.
I'm waiting on my order from drcolorchip to arrive, then I'm going to look into how to get the touch up paint blobs off the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rust? Bad. Can't help you with that. If I ever see rust, I'll take it to get fixed properly. I just don't know enough.
As for chips, drcolorchip.com is the best I've seen.
I recently tried to use touch up paint on my car and it looks terrible. I asked my dad about it (he's a car nut) and he showed my his 911's hood. It looks perfect. Then he told me he used drcolorchip and it took care of everything.
I think I saw somewhere that they sell a "rust removing pen" that might work on any existing (small) rust spots.
I'm waiting on my order from drcolorchip to arrive, then I'm going to look into how to get the touch up paint blobs off the car.
thanks for the info. Please let me know how it goes.. I assume you would remove the existing touch up paint in the same way I am going to have to remove the rust..

·
No longer active
702 Posts
Yeah, probably. Perhaps a rubbing compound would do the trick on mine as a first step before using the dr. colorchip stuff. I don't want to have to wet sand, prime, and paint. Too complicated and with my luck, I'll paint in some dog fur or a bug.
If I had known about this dr. colorchip stuff before I tried touching up a few scratches, I'd have used it instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts