Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's a squeal every rotation of the wheel and thought it could be the Rotor hitting the shield behind but thats not it

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
power steering noise?

Does it go away once engine is hot?
nah, its coming from the back and left or front left and doesn't go away when warmed up

will check if there's a code but no check engine light

·
Don't drink and drive
5,162 Posts
There is no code for the power steering pump going bad.

Spray the serpentine belt with some WD-40 and see if it goes away. If it helps, it's your belt. When did you replace it last time?

My car was doing a crunchy sound when I would drive and do a sharp right. Belt was stretched too much.

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Most likely your brake pads have worn down to the metal indicator tab and it's scraping against the rotor. This makes the per wheel revolution screeching sound. To isolate it without taking the wheels off, drive at low speed and pull the e-brake, if it screeches, then it's the rear left. If not, then it's the rear front. Easiest way to identify is just look through the inspection hole on the caliper with the wheels off. It'll be pretty clear which corner's pads have worn down.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
waiting on my replacement wheel lock key

long story short, got McGard Wheel locks and lost both the Card and Key due to family member thinking a bag full of auto stuff was garbage :(

BTW: i just realized i said squeal instead of squeal...:)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont wanna shell out $60+ for a set of new wheel locks when i can get the key for $15

i know i might ruin the rotor driving on it but hopefully this key gets here sooner than later

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
key arrived via FedEx Overnight Mail which probably cost as much as the key...thanks to Adriana @ McGard for going the extra mile

got front Brakes Rotors + top of the line Brake Pads installed for normally squeaking while braking indicator

going back on Sun. to address the Rear noise and hoping to just have to turn the rotor

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fixed! it was some debris in there along w/the abs sensor touching something and they didn't charge me for it which was a huge plus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts