Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just purchased a 2011 accord coupe LX-s (I4) last week. I want a good intake and I'm having trouble finding any variety anywhere online. Does the 2011 take the same intake that an 08-10 accord coupe takes? I'm fine with a short ram or cold air (only if the cold air is not directly from under the car). I just need some good options anywhere below $300. Preferably Around $200. Can anyone help me out? Any help would be awesome!

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,722 Posts
No need to make duplicate threads. Your other thread has been deleted.

Yes, 2008-2010 intake will work with 2011. It's the same generation Accord, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

There's Takeda (CAI) and K&N (SRI)

·
Registered
851 Posts
takeda sri.... it wont let you down =D talk to mark from throwdownperformance.com

·
Registered
808 Posts
Isn't more noise or a different sound the whole point? Anyone who thinks it is performance is enjoying the placebo effect.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The deep sound is what im really aiming for. I know my performance gains will be very minimal. I'm looking at injen cai's now after doing a bit of research. Is it hard to install a cold air intake? With the price being ~$20 different between Sri and cai I might as well go with a cai. I can do work on a car when I know what to do.. I'm not very experienced in engine work either but I know intakes are probably the easiest it gets. Did anyone have actual trouble installing your cai? Or even sri? I know I can find tutorials using search but is there a cai guide that someone can recommend for a 2011 coupe?

·
port & polish everything
1,698 Posts
IMO Intake is a waste of money. It just makes more noise.
i beg to differ, particularly when you start adding other intake/exhaust mods, and i have dynos to show for it

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
is there a DIY thread here on installing an intake?

·
Registered
181 Posts
the intake is really easy to install. But when you order your intake it will provide instructions for you. :thmsup:
BTW i have a Takeda SRI which i love. :yes::banana:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
The deep sound is what im really aiming for. I know my performance gains will be very minimal. I'm looking at injen cai's now after doing a bit of research. Is it hard to install a cold air intake? With the price being ~$20 different between Sri and cai I might as well go with a cai. I can do work on a car when I know what to do.. I'm not very experienced in engine work either but I know intakes are probably the easiest it gets. Did anyone have actual trouble installing your cai? Or even sri? I know I can find tutorials using search but is there a cai guide that someone can recommend for a 2011 coupe?
You call 6hp/9tq isn't that bad? If you just wanna "sound" fast, remove stock resonator. BAM!!! Sound for free.

If you really want power get Takeda intake. They just released cold air for I4 as well.
http://wwww.afepower.com/shop/detai...001P&menu=takeda&searchtype=family&brandID=78

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you think the injen cold air intake is any good compared to takeda? I'm looking for the best bang for the buck at how much I'm about to buy the injen for. Prob about $220 for an injen cai. Should I get something else instead? Is anything wrong with getting an injen? Sorry I like asking questions lol

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Best bang for the buck is whatever is cheapest. Any differences between brands will be minimal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts