Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post here and have some questions. For the last week I have been trying to find some info about exhaust systems and other mods that can be done. So far I haven't had much luck. Hopefully you all can help me out here.

What exhaust systems are available for the 2015 V6 coupe?
Any short throw shifters available yet?
What is the best online site to buy performance parts?
Any other must have mods?

So far I have bought a takeda intake and weathertech floor liners. Would love to buy my exhaust soon, but having issues finding the right one. I want a cat back exhaust that has oval tips to match the bumper and has decent sound, but not super loud.

I see that magnaflow has a catback and I have been told they are just round tips. I also see that borla has an axel back with oval tips. Then I see the takeda exhaust, but they have no exhaust listed for the 2015 yet.... I called them and they said it only fit the 2013-2014. Anybody know if it will fit the 2015 V6 coupe?

Lots of questions and I thank you for your time and help.

Sorry, I forgot to ask one other question.

For those who have an exhaust on their V6 accord, can you still hear people while talking to them thru the Bluetooth if you cruising?

Again thanks for any help given!

·
Blinded by the light
1,754 Posts
Hello all, this is my first post here and have some questions. For the last week I have been trying to find some info about exhaust systems and other mods that can be done. So far I haven't had much luck. Hopefully you all can help me out here.

What exhaust systems are available for the 2015 V6 coupe?
Any short throw shifters available yet?
What is the best online site to buy performance parts?
Any other must have mods?

So far I have bought a takeda intake and weathertech floor liners. Would love to buy my exhaust soon, but having issues finding the right one. I want a cat back exhaust that has oval tips to match the bumper and has decent sound, but not super loud.

I see that magnaflow has a catback and I have been told they are just round tips. I also see that borla has an axel back with oval tips. Then I see the takeda exhaust, but they have no exhaust listed for the 2015 yet.... I called them and they said it only fit the 2013-2014. Anybody know if it will fit the 2015 V6 coupe?

Lots of questions and I thank you for your time and help.
Oh man.. you should take an hour and read threads that look interesting in the performance sub forum. If you have specific questions make a thread there. Also look at peoples signatures for trends, and don't take one persons advice when there is a lot more out there.

ProTip - In a sub forum you can click the Replies header at the top to sort by the most replies to threads!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man.. you should take an hour and read threads that look interesting in the performance sub forum. If you have specific questions make a thread there. Also look at peoples signatures for trends, and don't take one persons advice when there is a lot more out there.

ProTip - In a sub forum you can click the Replies header at the top to sort by the most replies to threads!
Thanks for the tip, I kept reading for awhile after posting and have been doing a lot of google and youtube searching also.

I still have not found any info on if the takeda will fit the 2015 V6 coupe or not. It's also pretty hard to really get good sound clips from youtube. Most of them just do revs sitting still with bad quality video.

Are you going to do the exhaust install yourself?
Yes, I will be installing myself. I have every tool I could possibly need to install the exhaust myself.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I kept reading for awhile after posting and have been doing a lot of google and youtube searching also.

I still have not found any info on if the takeda will fit the 2015 V6 coupe or not. It's also pretty hard to really get good sound clips from youtube. Most of them just do revs sitting still with bad quality video.
If it fits the 13/14 it will almost certainly fit the 15 as there was no significant changes. As for mods there is pretty piss poor performance or aesthetic mods for this gen right now. I've been looking quite a bit. There are several exhausts. Magnaflow, takeda, borla and a couple others. There is now upgraded downpipes from RV6 as well as HFCs and PCDs. Have not found anything headers wise or much racing pulley wise. Your selections are pretty limited right now but hopefully it will get better as time passes. Based on the sound I get from my Takeda intake I may take the risk and go with the catback. The HFC and PCD/Downpipe options will also change the sound significantly but also remember you can change mufflers or add resonators to tune your sound a bit if that's a big concern.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it fits the 13/14 it will almost certainly fit the 15 as there was no significant changes. As for mods there is pretty piss poor performance or aesthetic mods for this gen right now. I've been looking quite a bit. There are several exhausts. Magnaflow, takeda, borla and a couple others. There is now upgraded downpipes from RV6 as well as HFCs and PCDs. Have not found anything headers wise or much racing pulley wise. Your selections are pretty limited right now but hopefully it will get better as time passes. Based on the sound I get from my Takeda intake I may take the risk and go with the catback. The HFC and PCD/Downpipe options will also change the sound significantly but also remember you can change mufflers or add resonators to tune your sound a bit if that's a big concern.
Thanks for the info! I called AFE and they told me the takeda exhaust wouldn't fit the 2015. But I didn't think there was much difference between the 2014-2015 coupe.

I know the car is still rather new, but I hope aftermarket support will start to roll in for it soon. Love the car so far and hope to be able to start with the mods soon. All I have done right now is tint, weather teach floor liners in the mail and a takeda intake sitting on my floor.

I would really love to get an exhaust soon, but again youtube is hard to really hear the true sound of the exhaust. Then of course a lot of what I see is just cars being revved up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts