Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all! It’s officially been a month since I got my first Honda, and finally joined the Honda and Accord Family. It’s a 2013 6-6MT EX-L with ~106k on it. I was hoping to find something with slightly lower mileage in my price range (~10k), but due to the fact that this Accord was EVERYTHING I was looking for inside and out, plus all stock aside from the nice cosmetic changes of the previous owner, it was impossible to pass up. I’ve been driving for years, but I actually just started driving stick (taught myself with the help of YouTube) last Summer, learning in a beater truck from ’99. So this has been a monumental upgrade in terms of the feel of shifting & driving all-around.. still get a little bit of a jump from 1st to 2nd gear at times, but the bite point of the two vehicle’s clutches is just so different, it’s a bit of a transition. Overall though, it’s been a blast and I can’t wait to start making some additions to it once it's warm again. I was doing a lot of research on the 1st sportier manual transmission car I would get, and it came down to this vs. the Focus ST. I think it’ll be safe to say I made the right choice now and for years to come with that Honda reliability with proper maintenance. I also was doing plenty of research on the modifications side of things prior to buying (shout out to the super knowledgeable and Honda fiends on these forums; y’all the best) so I already know some of the first modifications to come: TEIN Flex Z coils, Progress RSB (most likely with MOOG links), Takeda intake (rainy areas = no RAM?) at some point, and of course some cosmetics like an LED conversion, different color fogs, tints.. oh and definitely a sub upgrade. If there’s anything else you guys think should be added to the list, suggest I keep in mind while driving/maintaining this 9th gen, or just want to throw out there in general, please feel free! Thanks all, I’m sure I’ll be talking more soon (but don’t worry I do use the search function first)

fullsizeoutput_10f9.jpeg fullsizeoutput_10fe.jpeg IMG_3081.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Welcome to DA.
IMO, the 9th gen coupe is one of, if not the best looking cars Honda has ever produced.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,384 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!!

Don't forget that timing belt!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TX Accord

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard!!!!

Don't forget that timing belt!!!
It is surely in the queue.. only somewhat reluctantly lol

Welcome to DA.
IMO, the 9th gen coupe is one of, if not the best looking cars Honda has ever produced.
I was ready to be content with an 8th gen but was very fortunate to get a better payout than expected for my last car.. would've missed out on all the modern bells and whistles otherwise, and damn right they sure do look great!

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,384 Posts
It is surely in the queue.. only somewhat reluctantly lol
Well, if you want to get rid of doing timing belts on yours, we can swap vehicles.

I have a gently used, highway queen 15 accord sedan that wouldn't mind having a new owner.

Low mileage motor.

Reactions: TX Accord

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, if you want to get rid of doing timing belts on yours, we can swap vehicles.

I have a gently used, highway queen 15 accord sedan that wouldn't mind having a new owner.

Low mileage motor.

Hahah I appreciate the offer! But like I said, Jean's everything I need & more. 1 coupe + 1 truck will be the life for me going forward

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good find! Love the wheels. I'm surprised black wheels look so good with the chrome trim.
Thanks! Yeah I agree; I originally thought I would've wanted to do the black overlay, chrome-delete look. But after seeing it in person, I know I'll keep the chrome trim. Compliments the black-on-chrome grill and daytime lights quite well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts