Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any UPDATED webpage that shows car sales broken down by months? I came across one yesterday but the last update was from Oct. 2014 IIRC.

As its been mentioned in other posts - the 2016 should be out in less than 90 days.

All dealers seem to have July 4th big sales, and other than the first part of the month sale, there will be the end of the month soon before the new model year vehicles will be out.

Is there any online data that would show sales from now until the new model year is out?

We all hate waiting, but if it could save me $500+ I'd be resigned to wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is there any UPDATED webpage that shows car sales broken down by months? I came across one yesterday but the last update was from Oct. 2014 IIRC.

As its been mentioned in other posts - the 2016 should be out in less than 90 days.

All dealers seem to have July 4th big sales, and other than the first part of the month sale, there will be the end of the month soon before the new model year vehicles will be out.

Is there any online data that would show sales from now until the new model year is out?

We all hate waiting, but if it could save me $500+ I'd be resigned to wait a bit longer.

I'd at least wait till someone can test drive the 2016. It could be better then the 2015. Until someone drives it we just don't know what they are doing with it other then making it look different. For me if they improved the stereo that would be enough for me to be worth getting a 2016 vs a 2015. If its the same car then you can get a discount on the 2015. Wait and keep looking for 2016 reviews. These car's aren't rare. Be patient. I know its killing you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can wait. (I DO BELIEVE IT, I DO, I DO, I DO, I DO)

I'm 99% sure I'll be purchasing a '15 as from what I've seen so far I prefer the looks of the '15 over the '16. The new audio isn't really enough to sway me to wait.

And I'm not comfortable with buying the first year if they switch anything mechanically.

From the looks of the spy photo for the sedan front end, the head lights look photoshopped in to me.

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts

I'm 99% sure I'll be purchasing a '15 as from what I've seen so far I prefer the looks of the '15 over the '16. The new audio isn't really enough to sway me to wait.

And I'm not comfortable with buying the first year if they switch anything mechanically.

From the looks of the spy photo for the sedan front ebd, the head lights look photoshopped in to me.
What model do you want to buy? If V6, I'd wait for the potential new motor/trans combo.

·
Registered
104 Posts

From the looks of the spy photo for the sedan front ebd, the head lights look photoshopped in to me.
Also, keep in mind they have include IOS Carplay, a new transmission on V6 models, and maybe LED headlights on EX-L trim. Those are the things I will be monitoring. I may get a V6 or a Hybrid, as strange as that sounds.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'm sure the 2016 will have better bells and whistles. Styling wise is up to you...

And this is coming from a guy who owns a 2013 v6 coupe

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I agree Peter.

Looking to purchase the Touring, so its already going to have the upgraded head lights.
If you are interested in the touring or a v6, the 16's are supposed to get the new DI V6 and 9 speed auto although I haven't read any confirmed reports of this.. You probably would want to test drive that combination.

Also, when they did the CRV refresh they added the Honda sensing safety features to the CRV Touring so IMO there would be a possibility you would get that on the 16 Accord Touring probably raising the price. If true hopefully it will drive the price down on the 15 touring because the 16 Touring would (aside from styling) have something you cant get on the 15 Touring. You are in a good position and from your posts well prepared.

Have you driven the current V6? Most likely have to wait until the end of August or early Sept for all of this to play out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you driven the current V6? Most likely have to wait until the end of August or early Sept for all of this to play out.
Yes I have. I liked everything about it, but I wasn't able to get it up to 65-70'ish to check the wind noise.

But when the time comes I will test drive and look over everything I possibly can.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Yes I have. I liked everything about it, but I wasn't able to get it up to 65-70'ish to check the wind noise.

But when the time comes I will test drive and look over everything I possibly can.
It's really difficult to focus on much during a test drive especially if you are overwhelmed by the smoothness of the V6. I would like to point out throttle response, VCM, you will probably hear wind noise or a not so quiet cabin and the MPG indicator. When it goes up and you don't notice a shift or a change in throttle, that is the VCM doing its thing. The trans is eager to shift up but sport is a good compromise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts