Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

301 - 320 of 325 Posts

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Just wanted to update this thread that has been working so well for us. I have found two products in the Carpro line that are as easy as the blackfire process, but are more durable. That's because they infuse silica into their products like their Cquartz coating. They are ESSENCE GLOSS ENHANCER for the polish, and RELOAD for the topcoat (wipe on walk away)....

Here's a post on the Camaro site with pics, everything said in the above posts about procedure is exactly the same:

Carpro Essence & Reload - CAMARO6

Here is the doc that I added to my dropbox docs… Regarding this…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bwmmuu5d2159n1/- read first.pdf?dl=0

·
Registered
40 Posts
So I've learned a lot from this thread and would like to give this process a go as soon as possible, but does anyone know what the temperature minimums are for the CarPro products? I'm in Chicago and it looks like there's a few relatively warm days in the forecast, but since I've read that the Essence polisher is heat activated by the application friction, I'm wondering how warm it has to be for it to work properly? Same goes for the Reload topcoat....what's the lower temperature limit I should be worried about?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks Glen, that's what I was afraid of with regard to the temp. Unless I can figure out a way to warm up our garage I guess I'll just stick with the coin-op car washes or the free dealer car-wash to keep the salt off until the weather warms up and I can properly clean/clay/polish and seal the paint.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you considered Gyeon CanCoat over Gyeon Primer? CanCoat has proved to be a far more durable, longer lasting product than Reload, with significantly improved water behavior, gloss and self cleaning characteristics. Easier to apply as well.

Very subjective topic and there's dozens if ways to skin this cat, figrd I'd toss this one ou there.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
I like gyeon stuff ,I use it for my rims and I use their wet coat. But in this case I'll use Carpro... can coat is 50 bucks, the amt I need of reload is 18, and I don't find reload difficult to apply at all ...it just wipes on , levels, never streaks for me. I can't think of anything easier. Also, GYEON primer requires an IPA wipedown if putting the LSP on right away. An extra step vs essence, not interested.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,850 Posts
Hey Glen.....:wave:

A garage and yet another new ride? I guess things have changed since the condo with nowhere to clean your car eh? They both look spectacular. Do you miss the Vette at all?

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Hey Glen.....:wave:

A garage and yet another new ride? I guess things have changed since the condo with nowhere to clean your car eh? They both look spectacular. Do you miss the Vette at all?
Thats why i used the cordless!....LOL............I'm still in the same condo garage w/o access to power......sold the camaro and the vette, my back cant take it anymore, i need to sit high and ez in/out. The HRV is great for that, nice ride too....

But this is really lousy paint Rick, it doesn't have much depth of reflection after I was through, just not a lot of clear to work with… I hesitate to go to a real polish like 105…

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,850 Posts
I didn't know that you sold the Camaro. I do understand about the back and sitting a bit higher. Ease of entry & exit is necessary these days which is why I still tool around in my 10 year old RAV4 V-6. It's just barely over 25K on the odometer, believe it or not.

Maybe a polish like Menzerna Super Finish Plus 3800 would do the trick for depth. It's worth looking into.

Did you get the stick shift or the CVT?

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
So finished up the HRV with the process dicsussed in this thread:

poorboys natural look on interior and ext trim
Dawn wash
polish with carpro essence/random orbital/fine microfiber pad
LSP with Carpro Reload
wheels - cquartzUK and reload
tires - TAC tire coat
windshield with flyby30

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
CVT..no manuals for me in fla, Roads are straight, hot, and boring…not to mention that the entire south florida area is an urban setting with stoplights every 1/4 mile...no manual fun here. This is my second Honda CVT, I'm very impressed .....for grocery getting, it works great.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Glen,

I read your doc update from 6/5/17 about replacing BF with CarPro. A few questions:

For the Essence Gloss Enhancer...do I buy the Essence PLUS or the Essence EXTREME Gloss Enhancer? Still use a white pad on 5?

I saw on a camaro forum someone used CQUARTZ between the Essence and Reload. Is that necessary?

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
Glen,

I read your doc update from 6/5/17 about replacing BF with CarPro. A few questions:

For the Essence Gloss Enhancer...do I buy the Essence PLUS or the Essence EXTREME Gloss Enhancer? Still use a white pad on 5?

I saw on a camaro forum someone used CQUARTZ between the Essence and Reload. Is that necessary?
Essence extreme gloss enhancer- cquartz is not nessesary....Everything stays the same in terms of procedure, just the products change from carpro to blackfire. I don't recall ever saying you should set speed on five (max) whatever polisher you're using, it should be the middle setting for speed. BUT ONCE GAIN, I STRESS, PROCEDURES AND TOOLS MAKE THE DETAIL, NOT SO MUCH THE PRODUCTS, USE UP WHAT YOU HAVE BEFORE SWITCHING TO THESE PRODUCTS, THEY ARE NOT SUBSTANTALLY BETTER, JUST A BIT.

·
Registered
436 Posts
@glen e i cant find your pdf doc anywhere in the thread. Maybe because im on mobile? Idk but i dont see it.

I just bought a new accord on the 28th, it needs a wash but i def want to go ahead n get ot waxed n such while its still "new". Just looking for the products and process to get her right

Thanks

·
HK Moderator
13,895 Posts
^It's in his signature. Maybe your mobile phone can't pick up this information, nor allow spell check.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Glen, I did a car today with the CarPro products. Dawn/clay/Essence/Reload. It looks great, but doesn't seem to have quite the same 'paint under glass' look that TPNS/CS did. Maybe I didn't give Essence enough cure time (1hr) before reload. My white pad exploded half-way through, and I had to finish with an orange. Reload seemed more prone to streaks than CS. I'll try again soon on our new Odyssey.

301 - 320 of 325 Posts