Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just recently bought a 2001 v6 accord 2 door and had a few questions for you all.
1) Is it better to go to the honda dealership or a interior shop in order to get a rip in a seem of a leather seat back replaced/fixed. The leather is in good shape so it will not be a case of trying to fix something that is going to fall apart any way.
2) What are some places that sell reasonably priced wheels. Meaning not extremely expensive but not the kind you would find at Pepboys.
3) Who sells a good lowering kit?
4) Do the 2001 V6 hondas come with sway bars. If so do they sell stronger ones that would help more with the handling and if not how difficult are ones to install if it never came with them.
5) Do these cars come with a rear side windows and back window tint or is it just my imagination?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
64 Posts
1) Its prob going to be cheaper to go to an upholstery shop
2) search the forums you can find some good deals on rims with tires or craigslist
3) it depends on how low you want to go and what your looking for. do you want coilovers or lowering springs with aftermarket struts
4) you can upgrade your sway bars there a a couple different companys that make them
5) i think its just your imagination on that one... someone could have done a light tint on them before you bought it

and just so you know if you searched you could have found the answers to all your problems

·
Greg
1,381 Posts
The rip in the seam of the leather interior is very common. I went to an interior car place and they said the reason for the rip is part of the seat is vinyl where it meets up with the actual leather seat so that is why it rips. I don't complain much about my Accord but they could have done a better job with the leather seats.

·
5th Gear
511 Posts
I bet every single question you just asked could have been found by searching....

Welcome newbie :p

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hi I just recently bought a 2001 v6 accord 2 door and had a few questions for you all.
1) Is it better to go to the honda dealership or a interior shop in order to get a rip in a seem of a leather seat back replaced/fixed. The leather is in good shape so it will not be a case of trying to fix something that is going to fall apart any way.
2) What are some places that sell reasonably priced wheels. Meaning not extremely expensive but not the kind you would find at Pepboys.
4) Do the 2001 V6 hondas come with sway bars. If so do they sell stronger ones that would help more with the handling and if not how difficult are ones to install if it never came with them.
5) Do these cars come with a rear side windows and back window tint or is it just my imagination?

Thanks for the help
1. Take to interior shop
2. Rota Wheels are cheap 450-900 shipped/set www.machiii.net
3. H&R springs are good or Tein SS are great and cheap 1.3in drop
4. Buy Acura TL 04-08 TL rear sway bar. Type S is 20mm and is only 43 bux plus you need to buy bushing which are 6.00/ea Your car and 3rd gen TL are the same chassis. Even lowering spring part #'s are same.
5. The windows may have been tinted illegal so they removed the front tint to pass inspection. I know a LOT about accords as I had you twin Acura CL Type-S 6spd, 8th Gen Accord Coupe and now you cars cousin 08 TL w/ tech. PM me for any questions. I'll be selling my stock rsb soon and bushings 18mm for and upgrade and will be willing to sell super cheap. PM me for info.

Welcome to this great forum. As you see I never left.

·
Super Moderator
5,666 Posts

Thanks for the help
1. Go to a shop, not the stealership

2. online, www.tireack.com. a set of wheels w/tires there will be around $1,200 or so depending on what you get. you can also check out local tire shops and see what they can give and for what price. I found a place a few weeks ago that would give me Enkeis w/tires, balanced and installed for $800.

3. I can't say anything about coilovers since I don't have them. I say go with Eibach Pro-Kit or Eibach Sport Line series depending on how aggressive a drop you want. There are also other kits by other companies out there as well: Tien, H&R, Falken, etc.

4. IIRC the EX v6 comes with 27mm hollow up front and 17mm in the rear. the LX v6 comes with 27mm hollow up front and 15mm in the rear. Eibach seems to be quite popular for sway bars. they make a 27mm solid for front and 23mm solid for rear.

5. they never came with tint. if they have tint, then it was applied sometime before you purchased the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts