Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
@milmast
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone! Haven't posted in a bit and decided to do a little write up. So I bought a second set of OEM headlights and sent them out to HID Illusionz, aka Rich, to black out the internals and wrap the side market in carbon fiber. I got them back last week and decided to install them alongside my new Mugen style grill at the same time. Really changed the way the front end of my car looks and I couldn't be happier :) Lemme know what you guys think!

DIY Video Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6qegez6JU4

Pre-Install

Post-Install

Post-Peeled Dip

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I like the lights. Does it have any effect on brightness etc?

·
@milmast
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) No effect what so ever. Because I only blacked out the housing and not the reflector, its performance is identical to stock. I thought about retrofitting another projector where the DRL & High beam are but couldn't justify it to myself.

·
Running NYC
1,315 Posts
Sooo when is the plastidip painting party?! The car looks great! Rich retrofitted my lights. The guys is a pleasure to do business with although he is busy alot with all the retros people send him to do.

·
@milmast
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sooo when is the plastidip painting party?! The car looks great! Rich retrofitted my lights. The guys is a pleasure to do business with although he is busy alot with all the retros people send him to do.
Leanne's going a interesting colour that I don't think has been done before :)

And yeah he is a good guy! It did take me awhile to get my headlights back but he did do a good job. Might have him do a buddy of mine's headlights

·
@milmast
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much did it cost for you to get your headlights done?
I think it was like 250 bucks. While I was at it, I should have done a full quad retro. I'm kicking myself in the butt now.

If you're going to open up your headlights, get everything done at the same time to save yourself some stress.

·
@milmast
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah @mikeybrasileno I know!! I almost bought some new projectors today to do the quad. What projectors did you get for your ride? And also, did you swap out your OEM projectors for better ones? I wanna get as much info as I can because I wanna give it a shot myself.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah @mikeybrasileno I know!! I almost bought some new projectors today to do the quad. What projectors did you get for your ride? And also, did you swap out your OEM projectors for better ones? I wanna get as much info as I can because I wanna give it a shot myself.
the middle projectors are the bixenon mini h1's from retrofit source. i was going to do a tsx-r lens swap on the oem projectors but these headlights are aftermarket eagle eyes and i found out they already came with clear lenses. if ur headlights are oem def get tsx-r lenses for the stock projectors. my cutoff/visibility is amazing from all 4 projectors. i need to take some nice nighttime pix

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
btw im selling my old megan ez street coils since i have megan SS now..ur car needs more low..lol

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Is that EZ Lip on the front? Just stick on and cut right?

Hmm wonder how that'll look on a sedan...

·
@milmast
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the middle projectors are the bixenon mini h1's from retrofit source. i was going to do a tsx-r lens swap on the oem projectors but these headlights are aftermarket eagle eyes and i found out they already came with clear lenses. if ur headlights are oem def get tsx-r lenses for the stock projectors. my cutoff/visibility is amazing from all 4 projectors. i need to take some nice nighttime pix
Definitely do that!! I'd love to see how nice the cut off is.

btw im selling my old megan ez street coils since i have megan SS now..ur car needs more low..lol
Yeah I'm in the market for some coils :) Whatcha looking to get for them? Send me a PM

Is that EZ Lip on the front? Just stick on and cut right?

Hmm wonder how that'll look on a sedan...
Yes thats the EZ-Lip on the front. You peel, stick and cut. Check this video out if you're looking into getting it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ObSq3l3Xq8

In the video I show all of the products that EZ-Lip currently sells and install them on some cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey I'm looking to get a Mugen style grill for my coupe I was wondering where you purchased yours from I have seen some on eBay but I'm skeptical about the quality of both the grill and the paint on the grill.

·
Registered
455 Posts
any speeding tickets lately?

Reactions: milan.mastracci
1 - 19 of 19 Posts