Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Very nice! Not sure if you bought them from us or elsewhere, but those are one of our most popular rotors! I'm sure you are going to like em! :banana:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was wondering if i installed them correctly direction-wise. would you happen to know how the slots are supposed to face for these rotors? or is it just by preference? as you can see from the pictures, the front rotors have the outside of the rotor hitting the pad first, whereas the rear is opposite. i did not realize this until after i was done putting everything away.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Like the brakes! But please clean those TL Rims lol

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
912 Posts
i was wondering if i installed them correctly direction-wise. would you happen to know how the slots are supposed to face for these rotors? or is it just by preference? as you can see from the pictures, the front rotors have the outside of the rotor hitting the pad first, whereas the rear is opposite. i did not realize this until after i was done putting everything away.
From what I read it, only matters if the internal veins are directional. If they are straight then it doesnt matter what way the slots are pointed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
im gettin the same setup soon. how's the braking with the new stuff?

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
@ OP: Hope you used ceramic pads as you'll get even more brake dust with the slotted rotors. Nice setup, how do they bite now?

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Please clean your TLs, ruins the pic haha.

Dope, but I heard black zinc rotors wear quickly. It starts to show the metal under it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Looks good! I saw this on your fb earlier, but didn't get a chance to comment, haha, so i'll do it here! :D

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Sweeeet, love the black, do they make those in a drilled only pattern, id be interested if the did, also why not paint you calipers , that would look sick

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
@ OP: Hope you used ceramic pads as you'll get even more brake dust with the slotted rotors. Nice setup, how do they bite now?
Please clean your TLs, ruins the pic haha.

Dope, but I heard black zinc rotors wear quickly. It starts to show the metal under it.
+3. :D

I've been on the Wagner Thermo Quiet ceramic pads for a year now, and am extremely happy with the braking performance and the lack of brake dust.

The black zinc coating is microns in thickness, the area contacted by brake pads will wear through in a day worth of driving, hopefully the rest of the treated area will remain relatively rust free.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've used the Hawk HPS on my M3 for years. Love 'em, but they do squeak a bit, and they are dusty. I liked them so much I put my next set on my Ford F150 Lariat 4x4, a much heavier vehicle. They work well there too after the first few stops. For whatever reason they don't dust near as much on my F150. The Accord is bigger and heavier than the M3 but I'm sure they will work fine on this application.

BTW, I've heard ceramic pads dust just as much and wear just as fast, that is you go through the same amount of material, but the ceramic dust is lighter in color so is not so obvious on a light wheel. :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
There maybe some truth with the lighter color of ceramic brake dust being less noticeable, however I found that there is noticeably less grime and much easier to clean up even compared to the stock pads.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
There maybe some truth with the lighter color of ceramic brake dust being less noticeable, however I found that there is noticeably less grime and much easier to clean up even compared to the stock pads.
So far my experience with ceramic pads has been positive. My front wheels now need cleaning no more than the rears and the stopping is smooth and sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts