Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Black 2015 Coupe EX-L V6 automatic with Ivory interior. I had a 2011 sedan EX-L v6 and the seats in that car were quite firm but I had heard that the redesign had improved the seats. Well after the first two days in the car I cant tell much difference from the 2011. Will the seat soften up some over time? God I hope so...lol... And second I noticed that when listening to my IPhone the stereo sounds quite good but when listening to FM it is considerably worse and has almost no bass and flat highs. Is this the norm? Now for the good, the v6 screams in 1st and 2nd from 3.5k to redline! Honda did a great job on the new Nav and other features with the redesign.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I think bluetooth and XM sound pretty good but I'm no audiophile. The FM definitely sucks.

Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Unfortunately, Honda didn't install HD FM. Compared to the quality of CDs, even MP3s and other digital music standard FM music quality is not very good. FM transmission cuts off the highs and the lows. Compared to music on AM standard FM is a great improvement but compared to digital music it's not very good. The FM upper limit is 15,000 Hz and the lower limit is 20 Hz.

FM Broadcast frequency response limitations

Reactions: MR_CR2

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I just picked up a Black 2015 Coupe EX-L V6 automatic with Ivory interior. I had a 2011 sedan EX-L v6 and the seats in that car were quite firm but I had heard that the redesign had improved the seats. Well after the first two days in the car I cant tell much difference from the 2011. Will the seat soften up some over time? God I hope so...lol... And second I noticed that when listening to my IPhone the stereo sounds quite good but when listening to FM it is considerably worse and has almost no bass and flat highs. Is this the norm? Now for the good, the v6 screams in 1st and 2nd from 3.5k to redline! Honda did a great job on the new Nav and other features with the redesign.
You're not the first person here to comment about the seats being too firm. Personally, I think the seats are very comfortable but I like seats that are firm and have a lot of support. But from what I've read, they don't seem to soften up much. But, keep in mind, the 9th Gen is only two years-old and I'm not sure any seat is going to soften up in such a short amount of time.

And, yes, the FM sound quality is not very good for a 360 watt stereo with a subwoofer. Play any music from any other source other than FM and the quality is much better (not great if you're an audiophile but decent for most folks)...so stick with CD's and MP3's and you'll like it...save the FM for talk radio only!

·
Registered
639 Posts
You're not the first person here to comment about the seats being too firm. Personally, I think the seats are very comfortable but I like seats that are firm and have a lot of support. But from what I've read, they don't seem to soften up much.
Put me in the love-this-firm-seat camp. I'd be disappointed if the seat in my '06 started softening up.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Yikes!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2015 EXL-V6 Coupe as well and I used to have an 08 Sedan. The sedan was a tad more comfortable, but the seat did not hold me in the way the new car does.

The seat in my coupe is firm, but I actually like it. My other car is a Miata, so the seat in the Accord is spacious by comparison. Perhaps, your seat will break in after a few months of driving.

The FM in my car is only passable, but I find the Sirius and CD to be excellent. I have not hooked up my IPOD as of yet. For a stock stereo I could not be happier.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I don't know if the seats break in so much as you get used to a firm and grippy seat. When I ride in cars with soft seats now, I don't feel as secure in them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Honda Accords have excelled at being like sitting on granite counter tops for years now. They are good a making crappy, uncomfortable seats and seemingly damn proud of it. But to finish it off, they put in non adjustable headrests to push your head forward relentlessly and incur chronic neck pain as well. Bonus!! Way to go Honda ! If your carrying a lot of padding in the right place they probably work well.....
PS: yah I know it is a somewhat dormant thread but the amazing amount of complaints webwide about Honda seats are amazing and worth noting. There ability to design seats that will last two thousand years is commendable, even if driving is a ten minute adventure if you want to avoid pain.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Honda Accords have excelled at being like sitting on granite counter tops for years now. They are good a making crappy, uncomfortable seats and seemingly damn proud of it. But to finish it off, they put in non adjustable headrests to push your head forward relentlessly and incur chronic neck pain as well. Bonus!! Way to go Honda ! If your carrying a lot of padding in the right place they probably work well.....
PS: yah I know it is a somewhat dormant thread but the amazing amount of complaints webwide about Honda seats are amazing and worth noting. There ability to design seats that will last two thousand years is commendable, even if driving is a ten minute adventure if you want to avoid pain.
Not sure if they use different seats/firmness in the Ridgeline compared to the new Accords, but my 13' RL is pretty comfortable (except the headrest points too far towards the driver)...

·
2.5th gear
306 Posts
i don;t know what you guys are talking about, i got a 2014 sport and the drive seat is perfect for me . 5p7. my head is perfect i dont touch the head rest i dont like to anyway.
i was using the ajustement for the low back to make it hard but now i made it softer and the side of the seat now is perfect for me . Never been that comfortable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts