Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new car and its my first car. its a silver 2005 honda accord v6 coupe and i was wondering if it was a good deal. i paid 5800 for it and it has 130,000 miles on it and it has a clean title. im pretty sure i made a good deal. thanks here is a picture.........

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you bought from a dealer, you're in the ballpark. A friend recently traded his '03 V6 with similar mileage, and trade-in was valued in that area as well.

Looks clean in the photo, how is the service history? Keep up the routine maintenance and your Accord should last for a good while to come.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Well, Kelley Blue Book is just a range, it does not reflect actual market value, but private party value for an '05 EX-V6 in good condition with 130K miles ranges from $8,005 in fair condition to $9,995 in excellent condition. That was based on a CA zip code. Not sure how much the value changes in different areas. Are you sure it has a clean title? If it does have a clean title, then yes, you got a good deal.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Did you have it checked out by a mechanic? The trouble spot that glares with the v6 is the auto tranny. Some last a long time, but they're common to go out without more often than recommended transmission fluid changes. Keep an eye on that, and keep the fluid fresh, and you'll probably do well.

Welcome to DA.

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
deal

You did get a good deal on your first car. Good Luck and enjoy your first car ! Mine was a 79 Camaro in 87...We didn't have forums back then or even the net. Welcome to DA, you can find lots of good info on here and tips for saving a bit for any mods or improvements on your ride. The people are extremely helpful. This is a great place to share the love of a ride.:thmsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
an what would be the biggest size rims and tires i could put on it i was wondering if 19x9.5 would fit on the back and 19/8 would fit on the front

·
6,322 Posts
an what would be the biggest size rims and tires i could put on it i was wondering if 19x9.5 would fit on the back and 19/8 would fit on the front
Has the timing belt service been done to it yet? I'd also make sure the atf gets changed if it hasn't been done recently. It' around $3k for a new trans so make sure you can fix the trans if it blows. Othewise having big rims on a car sitting in your driveway broken down serves no purpose. :thmsup:

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,509 Posts
If the price was not low, because the tranny is going out, or it's been wrecked, it's a good deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has the timing belt service been done to it yet? I'd also make sure the atf gets changed if it hasn't been done recently. It' around $3k for a new trans so make sure you can fix the trans if it blows. Othewise having big rims on a car sitting in your driveway broken down serves no purpose. :thmsup:
i have enough to fix anything else but does anyone know if 19x9.5 rims would fit?

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
can someone tell me if 19x9.5 rims would fit and what are the biggest size tires
You could ask the place that sells the rims you want to buy to see if they fit. Keep in mind you will affect your overall gas mileage by installing a rim that beyond specifications. No one has an answer for you here because no one has 19" rims on an Accord. But if that is the look you want, more power to you.

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
can someone tell me if 19x9.5 rims would fit and what are the biggest size tires
Whoa... those are huge for a 7th Generation! For that size of rim, I think your would need 265-275/30-35 tires. Again, those are huge!

IMO I wouldn't get rims that huge bro... like hillstones already mentioned, you'll affect your MPG and driving comfort! Not mention, tire prices for that size of a rim is up the roof! Not worth it man!

·
Uber Newbie
101 Posts
I have 18x8, they seem perfect for me ! But i havent lowered my car yet.

Ive seen 20s on 7th gens x)

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
a few people have fit G37 19x8.5/19x9s, I don't recall seeing any 19x9.5s.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts