Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I think the new Civic designs are geared to fighting off Scions and even Subies these days especially since the new 2011 Tc is going to have a 6 speed with 18 inchers stock mated to 2.5 liter engine (borrowed from Camry). What do you honda heads think?!?! do you think the new Tc will kill Civic sales and all these new cars coming out for 2011 and even more for 2012 are really heating things up?! If so, the only bad news is that this doesn't make us feasible for new Honda Accord until a few years *after* the new redesign which will be somewhere in 2014-2015?! :dunno:

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
There is no fight in Scion. That brand is for old people and will die soon. Toyota is just hard to admit a mistake. We already seen that.

Honda is lost in what it wants to be. When you really look at the product line and the competition, they don't excel at anything. There are no superiority in product, design, or trends.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I actually disagree...I think scion is a young person's car and is direct competition with the civic.
I think the SI are a cut above and will still beat out the scion. Remember, the civic design is now pushing the 4-5 year mark and is due for a revamp...when this gen first came out/as with the 8th gen accord...it will be a new revolution as is the case EVERY time Honda innovates and changes it up. The new civic was the first factory car that i'd seen that didn't have ridiculous wheel gap and was even front and back and had a pretty aggressive futuristic look. There are so many on the road now and we've seen them for so many years that we forget that.

J.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
I was never really a fan of Scion, kinda thought the Tc was the only thing that even REMOTELY interested me, but that all changed when I saw the new Tc! The thing is SO UGLY! The lines are all wrong and it makes the old Tc look incredible. Def thumbs down to the new Tc.

That bein said, I LOVE the design on the new Civic and cant wait to see how much of it actually makes it to the production version. So I think based on looks alone, the new Civic will take the cake in sales. And the Si packs a bit more punch than the Tc.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
IMO the new civic, if you swap out the honda badges and put on scions, no one would know. it looks like a more aggresive tC.

the new tC looks more of a "masculine" car now while the old one was more of a "girly" car.

with that being said, i think its all about sales, and if honda can get parts of scion's sales then they accomplished their goal. honda really hasnt put out a product that was out of the box for a while IMO. other than the CRZ, which was a fail anyways.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,914 Posts
I would think that the Corolla is the target Civic is aimed at not the Scion. In the right color with the right wheels the Civic Si is a knockout whereas the Scion is ugly no matter what.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i mean, i dont think most scion drivers actually like their cars. its just that its cheap, and comes with more options. basically the best bang for your buck. but in the end, its a cheap car. something a college grad would get as their first. i mean cars like the civic (not SI, i see SI as only driven/bought by "enthuiasts"), corolla, and the jetta are all geared towards the same group of people. but the scion i think gives you the most for the money. but i still dont like it. haha.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think Honda/Acura heads are on CRACK.

Their new designs s uck and they are slowly losing their fan base. I thought the last generation MDX was one of the nicest looking SUV's out there, and they have destroyed its looks. The same with the rest of the line up with the battle shield in the front grille.

The Accord has gotten HUGE and the Civic is the size of the old Accord.

:thumbsdow
In my opinion, Honda used to have the "build it and they will come" philosophy. That is when they were successful. I think things went wrong when they started trying to appeal to the masses.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
It's like Starbucks new Trenta size cup. Soon, they will offer 7-11 sizes of 64oz and 128oz Big Gulp size coffee. True kidney buster.

Americans will get bigger. And so will the Accord. You heard it here first. G9 will be bigger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts