Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Put that cookie down! NOW
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transistioned myself from a Gen8 to Gen10.

Previous: 2010 EXL-V6

Current: 2018 EX-L 2.0T

The electronics and convenience features on the Gen10 is overwhelming.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,738 Posts
Which is exactly why I'm sticking with my 8 gen.

·
Past Doritos Spinner
3,931 Posts
Which is exactly why I'm sticking with my 8 gen.
I don't know. My 8th Gen EX-L w/Navi had a lot of buttons, 80% of which I never touched because it was too confusing.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
port & polish everything
1,562 Posts
I'm on the same page, I have both my old 8th gen LX-S and 10th gen Sport 2.0T, I do not like all this extra electronics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Work Rezax's? Did you happen to keep the wheels? I wonder how they would look like on your Gen 10. Anyways, welcome to the club!

·
Registered
78 Posts
After browsing the near 700 page owners manual on the web I tend to agree with the assessments of electronic overkill, what ever happened to just driving the car, I am considering a 2020 EX-L 2.0 in about 15 months hoping they have smoothed out some of these "features" by then.JMO

·
Registered
657 Posts
What features has you guys all up in arms? Honda isn't inventing any tech that other manufacturers aren't already using. Yes the infotainment unit has a lot of options and settings, but it's not complicated. You guys sound scared of the future.

·
port & polish everything
1,562 Posts
The everyone else is doing it argument? EDR, CMBS, LKAS, all that crap needs to go. You can't buy a 2.0T without the extra crap. It raises maintenance/repair costs and for no reason if you don't want it. Busted windshield $1000, busted bumper sensor $1000. I don't need to be told to "brake" when someone cuts me off, or to "steer" when I am clipping a lane to make extra room.

This is not fear of the future. The entire fallacy of "autonomy" is that everyone equally sucks at driving and needs "help" when not everyone does. If I get an owner's survey I am definitely providing Honda feedback.

https://gizmodo.com/the-deadly-recklessness-of-the-self-driving-car-industr-1831027948

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah well like it or not that's the way the world is going and car manufacturers are no different. I agree that these safety features are not needed for everyone. I turned off the lane departure the minute I test drove my car. The CMBS could save you from rear ending someone if you happen to look away or they stop short so I won't write that off right away. I've had that for 2 years in my wife's CRV and have never had it trigger even with my tendency to follow fairly close to slow drivers.

I do not believe the threads on here that the CMBS locked up their brakes going down the highway. Over 30k miles logged on our CRV in all types of conditions and it's never even hinted at that happening. I chalk those threads to to user error and not understanding how the system works.

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Work Rezax's? Did you happen to keep the wheels? I wonder how they would look like on your Gen 10. Anyways, welcome to the club!
Yes , I kept them. I was wondering myself on how it will look like. I will do a test fit one time we're not totally busy at work. I'd rather keep the Rezax's , than spending another hunk of cash for wheels.

Nice and simple look on your previous Accord. You will get used to it in a couple months.
Thank You. I got used to the new tech and features. It's all cakewalk now.

Yeah well like it or not that's the way the world is going and car manufacturers are no different. I agree that these safety features are not needed for everyone. I turned off the lane departure the minute I test drove my car. The CMBS could save you from rear ending someone if you happen to look away or they stop short so I won't write that off right away. I've had that for 2 years in my wife's CRV and have never had it trigger even with my tendency to follow fairly close to slow drivers.

I do not believe the threads on here that the CMBS locked up their brakes going down the highway. Over 30k miles logged on our CRV in all types of conditions and it's never even hinted at that happening. I chalk those threads to to user error and not understanding how the system works.
I'm actually loving all the Honda Sensing stuff the Accord's have now. It's all very understandable and very useful once I got the hang of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Actually every new Accord model comes with the Honda "Sensing" feature the good news is they have not put the "Stop/Start" feature in their cars yet and hopefully they will not any time soon. JMO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually every new Accord model comes with the Honda "Sensing" feature the good news is they have not put the "Stop/Start" feature in their cars yet and hopefully they will not any time soon. JMO
Honda Accord is definitely at the top of my list after reading about the availability of a manual transmission, and NO start stop 'feature'... (more like annoyance).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Really digging on the quad tips. Time to repaint the face gold? lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great, also a fan of the quad tips.

I'm new to the forum and reading this thread I was pondering the argument about "too many electronics" on the car. My last two cars (2012 Ford Focus Titanium and 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R) had far more electronic bells and whistles, and I've never had a single issue with any of them.

I do agree that the $1700 the dealer quoted me to replace the front windshield, which includes $215 to "recalibrate the sensors" is insane, but that's why I have $0 deductible comp insurance.

I remember the same complaints when cars started coming with power windows and door locks.

Technology marches on. Like it or not, the tech is here to stay because most people love convenience, and many people simply don't enjoy driving. Those of us who visit forums like this are the tiny minority of enthusiasts who love cars and driving, and sadly we're not the people automakers design for.

That said - I actually love adaptive cruise control. Lane assist I could 100% do without though, I hate that resistance in the steering wheel when I'm trying to drive, it's very disconcerting.

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really digging on the quad tips. Time to repaint the face gold? lol.
I'm actually considering gold chrome on the wheel face. Maybe when I get sick of the all chrome.

Love the exhaust tips. I have considered doing this since first getting the car.
Do it. It looks great. Delete the mufflers while you're at it. lol

They came out great!
Thank you. More stuff coming in.

Looks great, also a fan of the quad tips.
Thank You!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts