Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Welcome to DA, how many miles, maybe change the trans. fluid.
I was wondering about that.. Few years back I had my grandparents vehicles transmission flushed when it was at 150k and it never drove right again..lesson learned.

I have 36, 500 on mine and have yet to find a manual or Chiltons to see what services should come at 50,000 100,000 etc.. 1 previous owner who used it as a company car so it likely saw regular oil changes etc

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
You never "flush" a higher mileage transmission, that's when you run into trouble. Honda states to NEVER flush their transmissions, only drain / fills. Your MM will tell you when to perform maintenance, codes should be in your owners manual explaining what needs done. I may of missed it in your posts, what trans. do you have, 6 spd. auto. ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You never "flush" a higher mileage transmission, that's when you run into trouble. Honda states to NEVER flush their transmissions, only drain / fills. Your MM will tell you when to perform maintenance, codes should be in your owners manual explaining what needs done. I may of missed it in your posts, what trans. do you have, 6 spd. auto. ?
automatic

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I apologize if I posted in the wrong section but wanted to share what the UPS guy delivered today.

I know that any hp increase is minimal at best - but I just like the sound ever since I slapped an autozone brand universal intake onto my first car (92 accord) It's a beautiful day in Northern CA so about to get started..

Wanted to ask: any special reset / idle relearn with this generation? Or anything that much save me trouble later on? 90% of the cars I installed these on ran fine but couple of them I actually had to do a specific startup procedure after battery disconnect etc.

En joy your day!

EDIT - appreciate the redirect and my fault on starting separate thread!
Got this beauty delivered by UPS this morning and installed it right away..

I'd like to think that it did make some improvement with acceleration. Plus that sound !!!

:oops:. NEVER had an intake roar like that with any 4 banger I've owned..wow.. .
Ill snap some more pictures tomorrow

21 - 26 of 26 Posts