Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"April" silver 07 Accord
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've wanted some new low-beam headlights for a while, and was debating on getting HID's. But my funds are limited at the moment, and while I could get a DDM kit for less than $100, I would want retrofits also.... Everyone and their brother has HIDs around me without projectors, most of them are at least 8000k, and the cops are really starting to crack down on that. Plus I dont wanna be one of the people blinding people. SO, I did some looking around for non-HID lights that would give me better light and give me a little better looks as well. I did some review reading, along with reading up on old threads on here.
I bought a set of Phillips X-treme 9006 headlights on amazon for about $33, and there is a $10 rebate at the moment, so I only spent about $23 on them! The light output seems to be really good, and the color is 100% white. Would have liked a little blue, but it wouldn't have improved the actual lighting anyway. Here is the link to amazon if interested: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9006-...ke=Honda|59&Year=2007|2007&newCar=1&carId=009

I also put up a couple pics of my interior white LEDs.
Here is the light from the stock sylvania 9006 as it was getting dark.

This is how yellow the stockers were

Here is the driver side Phillips, next to the stocker.

This is both replaced, and is also the truest pic to how they actually look.

These are some shots of the lights on in the actual lenses.

My interior LEDs

Thanks for viewing!

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
A big jump from stock bulbs. Output is great, but the cutoff isn't very clean. Experience any glare?

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
You need to adjust your headlights. Either the drivers side is too high, or the passenger side is too low. I was going to try the ones you got, but decided on another pair of GE Nighthawk sports.

·
Autobot Gunner
417 Posts
Lookin good! I need to upgrade the bulbs in mine too

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
good bulbs. i had them on mine before i got HIDs. visibility is alot better than stock IMO. shines further and wider. but i dont remember mine being that white haha

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
I like replacing the bulbs in cars still rocking the OEM ones, really can make a difference sometimes and they're not too pricy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts