Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 2008 accord coupe with 22000 miles on it and I have a few questions:
I want to buy a second key, the dealer( not a honda dealer) I bought it from lost the spare key. I know I have to have it programmed but can I do that or does the dealer have to do it.

Where is the best place to buy a key?

I really wanted the blue but settled for white because it had less miles. I think I might want to put some color on the car though and thought about some blue stripes. Are there any aftermarket stiping kits availble?

·
Bat-mobile
540 Posts
welcome to DA congrats on the car, just buy a spare key at the dealer it cost me $18 programmed. Now on the stripes i would leave that to a pro shop

·
Registered
431 Posts
welcome

·
STUNNIN
746 Posts
I think they need to program the transponder.. The spare key probably run you about $50 on eBay.. Buy you haveto bring it to the dealer and get it program.. You can program it to lock/unlock, but to drive the car, you'll have to let the Honda dealer do that.. Or you can gena switchblade key for $50 bucks.. I know its not high quality as oem but it's pretty solid.. Since you have a coupe, get a tsx switchblade.. I hope you're not talking about the valet key..

·
Registered
851 Posts
dont put some strips on it man! keep it white, and get tints all around. and the tail lights minus the reverse marker tinted out. it looks hot as hell that way! get the hfp suspension which is what im getting once the winters done ( im from jersey and its arldy 50 degrees in oct.)
for performance, start with an intake takeda sri all the way. thats what i got. then go towards getting the throttle body spacer and then exhaust. you gata look around for the exhaust you like but the greddy sounds really nice dont know the performance specs on it though =/ you cannot forget getting a nice set if vossen rims which are always good looking (black w/chrome lip 2x5spoke are my fav.) oh yea, if you have those shitty michalin msr4's get rid of them! they ****! they make the car sound louder then it actually is from the inside!
Good luck and p.m me of you got any further questions =D

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
:worthless

Welcome! Oh and please no pinstripes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts