Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pew Pew!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! i just joined Da as a registered member. ive been reading the forums for a long time and just decided to become a member. and reading some threads made me want to customize my car more. and it lead me to install the inspire trunk garnish!!

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
i wasnt a big fan of this but after seeing it on your ride, i am growing to like it. how much and where did u get it? can u pls post pics of it during the nighttime and with the brakes pressed/not pressed? at what point does it light up? when u brake? when u have the lights on? etc? thanks bro :)

by the way, where in texas are you!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
yeaaa... what am i looking at here?

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
^ The lights on the trunk like the 2011's but if you do the retrofit or whatever it's actual lights and not reflectors like the 2011's have.

OP now you just need a decklid spoiler.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I definitely like this inspire trunk light. Is their a actual website that sells this? i would prolly get this if it was under $400 with the paint color and installation.

@ widgewadge- what year is your accord and model?

P.S- i didnt know the 2011 was just a reflector. that would be better, you wont have to always change the light bulb.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I definitely like this inspire trunk light. Is their a actual website that sells this? i would prolly get this if it was under $400 with the paint color and installation.

@ widgewadge- what year is your accord and model?

P.S- i didnt know the 2011 was just a reflector. that would be better, you wont have to always change the light bulb.
The 2011 accord reflector has no depht in it just flat reflector. Inspire has housing in it so you can let it as it is or retrofit bulbs in to light them up.

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Rear Deck

I called the dealer today whee I bought my 2011 Accord Sedan with those reflectors and inquired how much it might cost to illuminate them. Make them workable as tail lights and brake lights. Not only did he say they would not do it but it would void my electrical warranty if I got it done somewhere else. He sounded really put off by the suggestion. I just bought the car and have only had this dealer for three weeks and I have found them rude each time I call, not to mention changing prices by $100 on installation of ambient lights beneath both driver and passenger sides. I thought Infiniti was bad. I would think they would be happy because making the reflectors workable makes them more visible and thus a better visual on the road for safety. Very Disappointed. Guess I will not do this now.:dunno:

·
Internet
502 Posts
I called the dealer today whee I bought my 2011 Accord Sedan with those reflectors and inquired how much it might cost to illuminate them. Make them workable as tail lights and brake lights. Not only did he say they would not do it but it would void my electrical warranty if I got it done somewhere else. He sounded really put off by the suggestion. I just bought the car and have only had this dealer for three weeks and I have found them rude each time I call, not to mention changing prices by $100 on installation of ambient lights beneath both driver and passenger sides. I thought Infiniti was bad. I would think they would be happy because making the reflectors workable makes them more visible and thus a better visual on the road for safety. Very Disappointed. Guess I will not do this now.:dunno:
i think a DIY is in order

·
Registered
431 Posts
looks good

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
its only a reflector?!?! hmmm... i think i just changed my mind. i would need to have some functionality in them and not just reflect light. i think i'll wait till later when someone eventually comes out with ones that light up. they look unique though! :thmsup:

·
Pew Pew!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i live in austin but go to school in san antonio. my car is the 2010 ex mode. hah yea the 2011 are like reflectors which are lamee they are like just shiny stickers pasted on the back of the car. . i bought my trunk garnish from 3000gt-gto great seller. came in quick. i had it painted and installed at my local body shop. i recommended you buy the heavy duty trunk spring because the trunk doesn't stay up very well. it just falls on you unless you push it up all the way. costed around 500 for the part ,paint, and installation all together. i had the body shop wire it to my rear lights so when you turn on ur headlights at night it lights up as well. and i belive it gets brighter when you press your breaks i think? lol but it does light up in the day time when you press your breaks.

yea next thing im gonna buy is the deck lip spoiler and sports grill. il post more pictures up when i get those installed. well first i need to get money lol

o and where can u find really good jdm ish deck lip spoiler? i was looking at spoilerking and they have it for 100. any where else can i get it for cheap?

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Hasn't anyone experienced the problem with modifying the tail lights or adding additional wiring that it will void the warranty? Or at least the electrical portion? I mean why would my dealer refuse to do this, so that it gets done right? Should I try another dealer? I also get ambiguous and confusing opinions about the "11" reflectors. Some people say they can just have bulb and wiring added, others say that the reflectors have to come off and an Inspire light kit installed because the reflectors are not deep enough. My understanding is that they were the Inspire tails, just not activated or hooked up. Are they different sizes?? Any info would be appreciated. I really want to do this mod. It is true, the relectors look lame at night and having them lit just seems logical, including adding safety to those behind me. Your thoughts??

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just went to spoilerandwingking.com and the prices for the spoilers are very cheap and comes with the matching paint to your car :) wow! how much u think pplz would install it for? the spoiler on the website does say its life time guarantee but is it really good for the pplz that ordered the spoiler from the website? last month i was on amazon looking for the lip spoiler and it was like 175$. so 100$ to me is a better sale but im just asking about the quality of these replica spoilers.

ps. thanks guys! :)

·
STUNNIN
746 Posts
I dont even think spoilerandwingking carries Jdm replica... Those are the usdm decklid spoiler.. There are some usdm replica that are 110 w/colormatch shipped on eBay.. You could only get the Jdm replica On DA through our sponsor(stephen or kplayground).. Oh and btw, some of the people here on DA(including me)have replica spoiler but yet have any complain...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts