Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for a Non-Dealer Honda Mechanic, in the South Central PA area (York), that is familiar with all the regular maintenance a 9th Gen Accord Coupe V6 needs as it approaches 100K miles. Specifically, trans service, fuel filter service, the timing belt service, to include the tensionor, water pump, belts and seals.... if needed. I've heard horror stories about Honda Dealers claiming to have provided the service, only to find out later that the water pump or serpentine belt was not replaced, among other ignored or overlooked services.

I need a shop that will accurately and competently perform the work I am requesting.

I prefer a Honda Performance shop, mostly due to the fact that they're usually light years ahead of dealer techs when it comes to understanding and maintaining these cars. Besides, I'd much rather give my money to the local guy over a corporate conglomerate, IMHO.

If you have any qualified and highly recommended shop suggestions, please post here or message me.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,123 Posts
If you were about 2 hours east I'd recommend you to my local shop! But alas you're over near Harrisburg.

Not every Honda dealer is horrible, but unless your car is under warranty or undergoing a recall, I see no real reason to visit a dealer. Never taken either of my [admittedly much older] Hondas to a dealer. Anyway.

You can probably find a shop that specializes in "imports" if you look hard enough. But honestly, for such a common car, a local reputable shop is probably your best bet. Check Google for reviews; my shop has 4.5 stars.

What I did when I moved to my current location, was to have small services done at a few local places (oil change, inspection, valve cover, sway bar links; easy stuff like that) and gauge the quality of work, price of labor, and customer service. I found a shop less than 5 minutes from me that takes very good care of my cars. They let me bring my own parts now, and they are actually nice people. I hope you can find something similar.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,110 Posts
Look at Yelp for your area. That's how I found the shop I use for my 8th gen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts