Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just purchased a 1992 Honda Accord with 220,000 miles on the odometer. Anything about these particular cars that needs to be addressed immediately? It's going to be my daily driver. Thanks for any help! And I'll post pictures up a little bit later!

· 8th Gen Believer
5,648 Posts
Congrats and welcome to DA. Fluids and filters is the best place to start, brake fluid, coolant and transmission fluid especially if it's an automatic. Spart plugs. Belts. Hoses. Intake hose, look for cracks.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car drives beautifully for its age, and as you can tell it was well taken care of. I have only a couple of questions so far…..The key fob is very particular, according to the previous owner, the key fob controls the alarm system and it even seems to turn on after sitting unlocked for 30 seconds…..my concern is if this original key fob ever dies I’ll be SOL. How will i be able to turn off the alarm without it? He mentioned it will literally NOT start if that alarm is going off and the key fob isn’t there to turn it off. Thoughts on that situation would be appreciated. Also he claimed the power steering pump was replaced, and I took a picture and included it into the post, but I am still getting quite a lot of whining coming from the steering whenever turning, any remedy for that as well? Thanks everyone for all of your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts