Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is not my first time on this forum, but is my first time posting... So, I have a 2004 Honda Accord LX I-4. I had the car about 18 months now and put 18000 miles on it. Bought at 31k, now at 49k. From time to time, I slowly modded my car. Currently I am out of mods and was wondering if you guys can give me some ideas. Here is my current upgrades on the car:

Exterior:
Upgraded to 05EXV6 Wheels sitting on Bridgestones
(Thinking about the 2008 Acura TL Type-S Wheels)
Xenon Headlights
30% Tints all around
Valeo 900 Series-Ultimate Wiper Blades
Coat of Nu-Finish - The Once A Year Car Polish
Layered with Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Polish & ICE Spray Detailer
(Thinking Black Mesh behind grille and lower bumper)
(Thinking about front lip. Factory OEM)
(Thinking about fog lights. JDM 3000k?)
(Thinking about rear spoiler. decklid?)

Interior:
6-LED Dome & Map Light
5-LED 168/194 in the doors
Viper 5900 SST 2 Way Car Alarm W/ Remote Start System

Entertainment Setup:
Metra Turbo2 Interface Dash Kit
JVC KD-AVX2 In-dash DVD receiver w/ 3.5" video screen
JVC iPod adapter (mad, my new ipod touch is not supported)
Alpine TME-M770 custom installed in lower dash
Kenwood KAC-8104D 1000W Class D Mono Power Amplifier
kenwood KAC-8404 600W 4/3/2 Channel Power Amplifier
Kicker CVX12 4-OHM 12" 750W CompVX Subwoofer
(6X9 speakers coming soon)

Engine:
Nothing, because my car is SULEV (Super Ultra Low Emissions vehicle), not found on a lot of Accord's, but the only one mod available is the K&N 69-1209TS Cold Air Intake System. Since I drive the car up and down the East Coast, I am afraid of it in taking water.
Not looking for major replacements such as header, exhaust, turbocharger/supercharger, or ECU.

It is a 4-door, automatic, still has low miles. Use the vehicle for school during the spring and fall and work during the breaks. I do not want to lower the car because it is already too low. Scratches moving on and off the driving, forward and reverse. Looking for some new ideas and hoping you guys can throw some out there. My current setup, I have seen many people around where I stay with exact or 80% of the same mods.

So please let me know what do you guys have (pics welcomed).
Will post more pics as soon as I detail the car and finish the interior.
Thanks.

September 2007 (Rain after first detail) (Photoshopped)

September 2008 (new wheels installed) (On low level driveway)

January 2009 (Morning after driving all night in a snow/sleet/ice storm)

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,031 Posts
If your sitting that low in the front coming out of your drive, I'm thinking that the front lip might not be a good choice for you. I just recently added a Kaminari lip kit to my 03' and from what I am seeing, you will be busting it off very quickly.

As for the other options you are thinking about, doing something about the openings in the front would be a good thing. Too easy to get a rock in the condenser on these things. Been there. The easiest thing to do and doesn't look that bad is to simply use regular window or door screen material. Your going to get mixed opinions on the fogs. I stuck with the OEM ones. Simple to install and no modification needed (except to cut holes in the bumper). Rear spoiler would be a nice touch. Again, this is something you will get mixed reviews on. It's all about what you would like.

You've basically covered the audio end of the business. All that is left is performance and little details. I understand you don't want to do much in the engine department, but you can do things with the suspension. The front and rear TL sway bars help a lot. The strut tower bar from the V6-6 is also a plus. Not sure if the strut bar will work on the I4, but you can look in to it. Other than that, theirs the little details I was talking about. How about window roll up modules, mirror tilt and one touch moonroof. All available from KP Technologies. Theirs so much that can be done with these things. Just have to search and see what others are doing and how they can be useful to your needs.

·
7th Gear
3,424 Posts
Open an IRA! :yes:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about some 18" Volks??? :thmsup:
18's would look great, especially Volks, but I am also working with a budget.

If your sitting that low in the front coming out of your drive, I'm thinking that the front lip might not be a good choice for you. I just recently added a Kaminari lip kit to my 03' and from what I am seeing, you will be busting it off very quickly.

As for the other options you are thinking about, doing something about the openings in the front would be a good thing. Too easy to get a rock in the condenser on these things. Been there. The easiest thing to do and doesn't look that bad is to simply use regular window or door screen material. Your going to get mixed opinions on the fogs. I stuck with the OEM ones. Simple to install and no modification needed (except to cut holes in the bumper). Rear spoiler would be a nice touch. Again, this is something you will get mixed reviews on. It's all about what you would like.

You've basically covered the audio end of the business. All that is left is performance and little details. I understand you don't want to do much in the engine department, but you can do things with the suspension. The front and rear TL sway bars help a lot. The strut tower bar from the V6-6 is also a plus. Not sure if the strut bar will work on the I4, but you can look in to it. Other than that, theirs the little details I was talking about. How about window roll up modules, mirror tilt and one touch moonroof. All available from KP Technologies. Theirs so much that can be done with these things. Just have to search and see what others are doing and how they can be useful to your needs.
The openings in the front, I was thinking of using like black metal screen mesh to cover it up (similar to what is found on the Mercedes-Benz E350 Sport) and somehow mount my license plate to it.
What are some mods that I can do to my engine, even though it is a SULEV?
I did not know that the sway bars from the TL fitted, what year TL? The strut tower bar, I know those don't fit the 4cyl's
The mirrors, maybe upgrade to the TSX or does the 06+ Accord hybrid's fit? Also, my car does not have moonroof, which I found to be a downfall when I bought the car.
This forum is really helping me a lot in finding ideas for the car and DIYs.

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,031 Posts
The openings in the front, I was thinking of using like black metal screen mesh to cover it up (similar to what is found on the Mercedes-Benz E350 Sport) and somehow mount my license plate to it.
That should work.
What are some mods that I can do to my engine, even though it is a SULEV?
You can go with the CAI. Although I would recommend using someone like AEM instead of the K&N. Check www.aempower.com It is 50 state legal so you shouldn't have any problem using it.
I did not know that the sway bars from the TL fitted, what year TL? The strut tower bar, I know those don't fit the 4cyl's
Do a search on sway bars. Their talked about a lot on here. I can't remember what year model I got mine for, but I'm sure you could do the same.
The mirrors, maybe upgrade to the TSX or does the 06+ Accord hybrid's fit? Also, my car does not have moonroof, which I found to be a downfall when I bought the car.
I don't know what to tell you about the TSX mirrors. I haven't gone that route. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. I was reffering to the KP technologies reverse tilt module. This basically tilts the mirrors down when you put the car in reverse. They also have the window up option that allows you to roll the windows up via your remote. That is if you have the remote that allows you to roll them down remotely. You can check them out at www.kptechnologies.com

·
Registered
126 Posts
I second the tL sway bars. You can do the rear only or rear and front.
Less tahn $100 in parts. That's the only mod I have so far.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That should work.

You can go with the CAI. Although I would recommend using someone like AEM instead of the K&N. Check www.aempower.com It is 50 state legal so you shouldn't have any problem using it.

I don't know what to tell you about the TSX mirrors. I haven't gone that route. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. I was reffering to the KP technologies reverse tilt module. This basically tilts the mirrors down when you put the car in reverse. They also have the window up option that allows you to roll the windows up via your remote. That is if you have the remote that allows you to roll them down remotely. You can check them out at www.kptechnologies.com
From my research, K&N makes the only CAI for the SULEV engines.

I am looking into the reverse tilt module right now. As for the window up option, I currently use Viper 5900 remote start, so the original Honda remote on the key is not used.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I got my acura tl-s 20mm rear sway bar for ~$50 shipped. Best bang for the buck mod there is. YOu can also do an intake resonator delete/custom SRI/CAI. all for around $50

·
-Gene
520 Posts
u should swap out the seats for TL seats, could put in a side marker, hybrid mirrors

·
Banned
3,071 Posts
Big list you got there! Already accomplished a lot..

I would suggest a sprint booster for fun, maybe retrofitted HIDs and paint the headlight housing black, LED tail lights? You could always do with the debadging coloring your grille differently..etc etc <<

Spoiler?? o.o

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW.. i am just seeing these posts.

u should swap out the seats for TL seats, could put in a side marker, hybrid mirrors
would they fit? and would having leather in the front and cloth in the rear really look nice?

Big list you got there! Already accomplished a lot..

I would suggest a sprint booster for fun, maybe retrofitted HIDs and paint the headlight housing black, LED tail lights? You could always do with the debadging coloring your grille differently..etc etc <<

Spoiler?? o.o
thanks... sprint booster? retrofitted HIDs and black housing.. my friend is looking to sell his accord and I may be swapping headlights with him soon, so that is a maybe. The LED taillights, I am still looking into because every LED bulb I've tried, have either been too big or not bright enough and I am not looking to buy aftermarket LED taillights.. it's not my style.. it gives it the "ricey" look. Spoiler.. I want to do!!! Also, the front lip... I want to do OEM, but alot of my friends who works at body shops tell me go fiberglass because it's "repairable" if damaged?

·
Registered
169 Posts
hybrid deck lid spoiler, hybrid sideview, swaybars like ppl have mentioned, do a front and rear conversion to the 06/07 style and get the hybrid tails and the inspire (replica or real if you can find) fogs ;)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the rear conversion to a 06/07 is $$$$.. and not going to happen. I am looking for a front lip, planning to paint my side skirt, and maybe lower the car.

·
TL A-Specs RUBY------CURB
704 Posts
dude i just purchased 2008 acura TL - S wheels today and put them, buy it dude. they are freakin awesome looking! i am gonna be posting pictures tomorrow!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my cousin is parting out his accord and selling his car. I called dibs on the type-s wheels.. So now, I am waiting for a nice day and free time so I can swap parts from his 7th Gen. OEM foglights, Type-S Wheels, OEM Smoked Retrofit Headlights and maybe his 7" flipout.

I was driving around one day and I came across this. It'll give you a close idea of what it will look like on your car. This is on a 2005.

Full-size here: http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/4436/0619091149.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts