Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I had a semi throw its tread into my car while travelling at 75 mph on the interstate. I nailed the tread and it caused a lot of damage on my car as I ran over it. I fixed the damaged after it was inspected by insurance and several dealers. Everything works great now except my struts. My front left strut was trashed so I replaced both front strut assemblies with new ones from 1aauto .com. they were identical parts and I followed manufacturers direction to a t for replacing them. However, the issue I am having is these are extremely noisy struts. They squeak very badly over small bumps and are completely silent at high speed and over large bumps. Someone said to squirt a little oil on them but that did not help. I had the car inspected and an alignment done all is good. Any thought?

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
What brand of strut?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I lifted the car and lubricated the struts with a silicon lubricant. I also lowered the car loosened the hardware and retightened the hardware. So far, the squeaks have gone away. I emailed the manufacturer and am waiting a response. The struts themselves are fine. I won't use Monroe struts because every one I have bought has had issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the reply I got from the manufacturer.

"This is common as*the rubber compound on the mountings are not as supple on these as they would*be on the OEM or Monroe brands. You can alleviate the squeaking on these hydraulic*struts buy spraying some silicone where the*spring meets the mounts and allow that to work in and that will help tremendously"

This did solve the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts