Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2013 accord sport w 11,000 miles yesterday to save gas and miles on our large SUV and truck. Car isn't large enough for all of us to travel far in but perfect for daily driving. Plan on driving it 2 years then letting our 16 year old use it. I bought honda because of reliability, haven't owned a Honda since my 93 accord I had 4 years. Never been on this forum until today and this forum has me scared of potential issues. I bought it from a GM dealer not a honda dealer, checked VIN at local honda dealer and said it was sold there but never in for warranty work, said they couldn't see if anything was done at another Honda dealership, only theirs. The dealership I purchased it at has over 100 almost current year used vehicles from all makes With most under 10-20k miles so it didn't concern me to see a honda w 11k already traded. Vehicle seems to drive great to me, am I just being paranoid about CVT from looking on this forum?????

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to Drive Accord! (post a picture of your new ride or we will assume you did not buy it)

Yes, you are being paranoid. If your car had a CVT "problem", you would have known it by now.

The "problem" is not that the CVT fails, but that there can be an annoying shudder when it is cold. This affects very few cars- but because this is a forum, you will hear about it.

You can always purchase a warranty, I believe, to help you sleep at night if you worry. Read MikeySoft's excellent thread on the warranty, as well as his opinion on it. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75283&highlight=9th+gen+warranty Since your car is currently at 11,000 miles, I am not sure what your options are for a warranty from Honda.

EDIT: From Jay21212's post: sorry, I meant "beyond" the factory warranty! Thanks for the correction Jay.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, if you haven't experienced problems you're reading too much into it.

iirc it's called expectation effect. Now that you're privy to its existence elsewhere you'll give much higher attention to your CVT performance, might convince yourself of a fictitious problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to figure out how to post a pic. I figured i was just being paranoid. I won't tell my wife about the juddering and see if she notices anything, she's mainly the one driving it. The reason I got on this forum was to find out what oil to use. I do my own oil changes and run mobil 1 in her Yukon XL and Amsoil in my Sierra Duramax. From what I seen on here, Mobil 1 is a good choice and will just keep all receipts to prove maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts