Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 Honda accord lx that sometimes will crank first time then maybe 3 tries to over 10 tries.
Replaced battery. A couple of times acting as it's struggling to crank. Then back to cranking first try.
I'm a single woman and feel the dealer I bought car from is scamming so need opinions.
Was told by several "men" it could be a wire lose to cylanoid.
This morning took over 20 tries. Got to work cranked twice on first try.
Suggestions please.
Also was told converter is bad. Although rmp moves. Does not drive bogged down. Occasional bump at increased from low speed but not all the time. I call it hiccups. Then the car runs like new.
Auto store diagnosis thermostat or converter (something with fuel) Have replaced thermostat and new battery.
Two separate issues but can use advice...thanks much

·
Elvira
3,683 Posts
I have 2007 Honda accord lx that sometimes will crank first time then maybe 3 tries to over 10 tries.
Replaced battery. A couple of times acting as it's struggling to crank. Then back to cranking first try.
I'm a single woman and feel the dealer I bought car from is scamming so need opinions.
Was told by several "men" it could be a wire lose to cylanoid.
This morning took over 20 tries. Got to work cranked twice on first try.
Suggestions please.
Also was told converter is bad. Although rmp moves. Does not drive bogged down. Occasional bump at increased from low speed but not all the time. I call it hiccups. Then the car runs like new.
Auto store diagnosis thermostat or converter (something with fuel) Have replaced thermostat and new battery.
Two separate issues but can use advice...thanks much
First, welcome to the group. Lots of informative people here more than willing to help.

2007 still has a fuel pressure regulator (I"m assuming a 4 cylinder). Does it take long to start first thing in the morning?

You stated that once you took very long to start, got to work and tried to restart and it fired right up. Is this correct?

Few things can be wrong.

Leaking fuel pressure regulator.
malfunctioning fuel injector.

Also post miles, engine,transmission type, general area where you are (weather conditions really matter), what maintenance has been performed.
Let's see what others have to say.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,187 Posts
Welcome!

Quick question, when it doesn't start, does the engine turn or is it quite? If the engine doesn't turn, do you hear a click?

If so, it's your starter.

·
Banned
14,429 Posts
We need more info. As "jimijam" alluded to and "Miker" pointed out, the location matters because living in a rust belt you can BET the cables or connections have corrosion.

A video would be even better....lots of problem-solving men and women ready to help.

By the way, the triple-tailed Lockheed Constellation (everyone called it the "Connie") airplane is one of the most beautiful ever made. There is one for tours in Kansas City, and I know TWA used to have one in St. Louis.

·
Cruising in Montana
4,104 Posts
By the way, the triple-tailed Lockheed Constellation (everyone called it the "Connie") airplane is one of the most beautiful ever made. There is one for tours in Kansas City, and I know TWA used to have one in St. Louis.
One's parked on the ramp here in town. Unflyable now but it's being worked on and I think the goal is to fly it out of here.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Replaced battery. .
Sorry, but your description is hard to process. When you say "3 tries to over 10 tries", do you mean that it's not cranking when you turn the key, or not firing up when it cranks? Do you get a single click when you turn the key or does it just crank really slow? Probably a silly question but is the car under warranty?

PS: Thermostat is only there to control the temp of the car once it's running. It has nothing to do with starting or fuel delivery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts