Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ken
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey DA members,

My name's Ken, I've been lurking for a bit before and after I brought the Honda home. Finally decided to jump on the car sometime earlier last month. It's a 2005 v6 coupe. Neat car, more comfy and quick in comparison to my last car (4 cyl Solara). Personally I think it's a great value (though for a 3 liter I expected a little more power) and I believe I got a decent deal on it to boot. I love the general aura of the car and that's really what drove me to consider this over an Si of a similar price.

My first planned mod was to drop because even though the suspension is good, I feel there's a little more room for improvement. I also have some generic parts from my last car that I can get to work on the Accord so I might do that first.

Cheers!
:thumbsup:

Here's a pic from the front, I don't have alot of room for fancy camera angles in my parking spot...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hey DA members,

My name's Ken, I've been lurking for a bit before and after I brought the Honda home. Finally decided to jump on the car sometime earlier last month. It's a 2005 v6 coupe. Neat car, more comfy and quick in comparison to my last car (4 cyl Solara). Personally I think it's a great value (though for a 3 liter I expected a little more power)
Cheers!
:thumbsup:

My Solara V-6 5M was really weak compared to the 6-6 coupe now in my garage. I should mention (after a 2011 Mustang 6-6 test drive yesterday) that my expectations were overwhelmed during my 2005 Accord 6-6 test drive. Not so with the Mustang.

I will admit to some bias, but I think the car will grow on you performance wise. Plus the Interstate fuel numbers should get (and keep) your attention.

all the best, ez....

·
Ken
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, the numbers only dissapoint because I was expecting something higher on paper from a V6 this size. Don't get me wrong, in reality I really enjoy the smooth performance as it's already grown on me how much easier I can get on the highway. I used to stay in 3rd gear on my Solara until close to redline just to merge at 60 mph where the Accord can get to 60 without working nearly half as much.

It's quite different from other V6 cars I've driven before. I don't know how to explain it, but it feels as though the Accord is able to utilize all of its power more efficiently than other cars. 285 HP on my sister's Maxima feels static compared to 250 HP on my Accord. Then again her car has several thousand more miles than mine does.

In either case, thanks for the warm welcome, ez. It makes me chuckle a little bit because your username contradicts my car's shifting effort...

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Honestly, the numbers only dissapoint because I was expecting something higher on paper from a V6 this size. Don't get me wrong, in reality I really enjoy the smooth performance as it's already grown on me how much easier I can get on the highway. I used to stay in 3rd gear on my Solara until close to redline just to merge at 60 mph where the Accord can get to 60 without working nearly half as much.

It's quite different from other V6 cars I've driven before. I don't know how to explain it, but it feels as though the Accord is able to utilize all of its power more efficiently than other cars. 285 HP on my sister's Maxima feels static compared to 250 HP on my Accord. Then again her car has several thousand more miles than mine does.

In either case, thanks for the warm welcome, ez. It makes me chuckle a little bit because your username contradicts my car's shifting effort...
LOL Did someone say VTEC? Hello and welcome. Glad your enjoying the new ride. Can't wait to get my drop on! Playing the waiting game now, waiting for a date to have installed.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Interesting comment about power...

·
Registered
312 Posts

Does your sister's Maxima have a CVT transmission? I know the current generation only offers CVT so that could be a reason for that feeling. Congrats on the new car. :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
(K);740814..[I said:
your username contradicts my car's shifting effort.[/I].
The 6-6 will continue - hopefully - to be positive. The use of GMSFM is almost a no-brainer to lessen your shifting effort. I've being using that goo for nearly 30k; bottom line: it really works (not one difficult shift - not one!!)

You made a fine choice IMHO. Wait until you see the freeway fuel numbers.

best, ez....

(Screename dates back to the Solara's 5M - - - which was rather easy to shift)

·
Ken
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ez, you don't happen to be a member of SG.com?

Also, I noticed I said 250 hp earlier which is obviously untrue of a stock Accord, I'm glad you pointed that out Baldeagle...I'm sure you folks know what I meant haha.

My sister's Maxima is a 2004, before the CVT generation and during the "bad tranny" generation. Sadly.

Synchromesh is actually on my agenda, I'm tempted to just do it soon but since I'm thinking about bringing the car in to have work done I don't want to hear "it's because you're not using OEM fluid" from the dealer.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes. I'm starting to feel that I might like it here!:lmao:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts