Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my new xxr wheels mounted with tires today. The dumb dumbs at Mavis discount completely ruined them. They chipped the rim on the front face, and inside the barrel it has a 4inch long gouge. And mind you all this is a polished rim and I'm pretty pissed. I complained to the manager and he said he can't do anything until tomorrow because all the offices are currently close today (sunday). Anyways, I called the Corperate office and left a detailed message on my damaged rims and there employees. Oh I forgot to mention, they installed the tires no problem, but once I got there to pick them up, two of the tires were completely not in the correct directional pattern, so then they had to remount and balance which caused the long deep gouge in the inside barrel of the rim. Any how, has anyone ever been in this situation and how do you think I should approach this to Corperate tomorrow? The wheels are on back ordered so I can't order a new set until later this year. Should I ask to refund me the $400 I payed and call it even or let them replace all the rims of equal value I payed for?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use to work at a Rim shop.. so i know we offered solution that we will pay for what that one rim cost .. and you give the rim to mavis .. but IMO i would creat big fuss until you get money for all 4 .. let them pay you back .. also i hope you didnt pay for any services ( mounting and balancing)

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did pay for everything, labor, mounting, balance and tires

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
My guess is they will offer to pay for the one rim that was damaged and a partial refund of fees paid. But what do I know? Negotiation 101 says you should ask for full refund of all fees and full replacement cost of all four rims since new ones are not available. Gauge their response and proceed from there.

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed on another rim they used a Brillo pad a scuffed up the other inner barrel to cover another scratch!!! Here are some pictures, I'm getting even more upset thinking of this.

This is a picture of the front face scratched

Now here are pictures of the inner barrel of the rim scratched!

And here is a picture of the other rim that they used a Brillo pad to cover up some other scratches! They didn't even tell me they did that! Just discovered now!

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its crazy too, because the wheels are mirror like finish and usually it would be hard to see scratches. But these scratches are deep and painful looking. Im ready to jump off a cliff if they don't fix this situation. I wonder if 18x8.5 +20 offset would fit the accord sport. Thats the only size they have left available for the same price.

·
Standard Equipment
38 Posts
The best approach would have been to already have pictures that are time stamped prior to mounting and informing the manager prior to installation that you had said pictures. Essentially, with no proof, if you've paid for the services and taken the vehicle home, there is no proof to show that they created the damage. Who is to say that you didn't leave their place of business and damaged them yourself. You've already paid them and left. Do you have anything in writing?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,165 Posts
When you get the wheels replaced, do yourself a favor and have them swap out those crappy Linglong
tires for something better.

·
Registered
481 Posts
ridiculous.. BTW, never go to a Discount place for mounting & balancing. It pays to go to a legit place and discuss your concern before hand that your wheels have zero scratches. I feel your pain

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Manager knows his at fault, I brought the rims in brand new and wrapped still. But I didn't get any written document stating there at fault! Should I be worried now? The rims are not even on the accord, I picked them up with my truck and took them home.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh man I'd lose my sh*t over that. I pay so much attention to detail on my car that the simplest scratch would drive me nuts. Those are really bad scratches man. If I were you, I would definitely not give up until they gave you a full refund and replaced the rims or reimbursed you for them. I'm not sure what that poster a few posts above is talking about in regards to you paying and accepting the rims so that means you're sol. Definitely not the case. You don't need anything in writting for an issue like this man

These rim shop people may act like retards but they know very well all that damage wouldn't have happened on your way home. Seriously, you would have had to have taken the car offroading or something on your drive home to get scratches on the face, lip, and inside of the rim. Full throttle straight ahead bud and don't stop until you're satisfied with the solution. You went to these people so they can provide you with a service, not burden you and depreciate the value of your rims.

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh man I'd lose my sh*t over that. I pay so much attention to detail on my car that the simplest scratch would drive me nuts. Those are really bad scratches man. If I were you, I would definitely not give up until they gave you a full refund and replaced the rims or reimbursed you for them. I'm not sure what that poster a few posts above is talking about in regards to you paying and accepting the rims so that means you're sol. Definitely not the case. You don't need anything in writting for an issue like this man

These rim shop people may act like retards but they know very well all that damage wouldn't have happened on your way home. Seriously, you would have had to have taken the car offroading or something on your drive home to get scratches on the face, lip, and inside of the rim. Full throttle straight ahead bud and don't stop until you're satisfied with the solution. You went to these people so they can provide you with a service, not burden you and depreciate the value of your rims.
I appreciate that man, its nice to read something positive then negative all the time. I really doubt this guy is going to be a scumbag and pretend this didn't happen. He knows for sure they are at fault. One they installed the tires wrong backwards, and thats what caused them to scratch it from removing the tire to flip it over to the right directional pattern. And he seen how sad and upset I was. He even told me to start looking for the same rim tonight so they can buy me a new one. Hopefully tomorrow I don't get screwed when corporate calls them and confirms that it did happen and they denied it. I don't know, all day I've been stressing about this. I just want $400 bucks back and let me keep the tires and rims and ill call it a day. Otherwise, finding the same set is going to be hard..

·
Standard Equipment
38 Posts
Let me be clear. This isn't an issue where emotions rule. This is a business. As a business it's their responsibility to ensure that the services we request and pay for are done in a professional and timely manner. However, as a consumer it would have been best to inspect and take pictures of each rim before it was handed over to this supposed professional. Because he doesn't have proof of what they looked like before they were mounted and has nothing in writing, there is a good chance he will have a problem receiving compensation if this a disreputable business. Hopefully, there are still are businesses out there that keep their word and that this is one of them.

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let me be clear. This isn't an issue where emotions rule. This is a business. As a business it's their responsibility to ensure that the services we request and pay for are done in a professional and timely manner. However, as a consumer it would have been best to inspect and take pictures of each rim before it was handed over to this supposed professional. Because he doesn't have proof of what they looked like before they were mounted and has nothing in writing, there is a good chance he will have a problem receiving compensation if this a disreputable business. Hopefully, there are still are businesses out there that keep their word and that this is one of them.
Now I'm not sleeping tonight! :thumbsdow

·
Registered
177 Posts
Now I'm not sleeping tonight! :thumbsdow
Agreed... and in most cases I would agree with you but given that the rims were brand new and as PogiMoto said, still wrapped, the need for pictures prior to installation would not have been necessary for this scenario. If I just received a new set of rims that were still wrapped and in the box, I wouldn't think I'd have to take pictures of their condition before I hand them over to a rim shop...they're brand new!

Worst case scenario, they only reimburse you for the one rim. But again, your argument to that is that you can't get that rim again for a while and need a resolution to the issue immediately. The work they did is by no means acceptable. They ruined one of your "brand new" rims. How can they argue that?

·
Standard Equipment
38 Posts
It is total b.s. They were supposed to be professionals. It's awful that this has happened and you should be reimbursed not only for the rims but the time and expense it will take to replace them. I wish you luck.

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys, I'm going to call Corperate as soon as they are open and keep you all updated.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts