Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Names Brian.
New to reading here as of about a month ago, new member as of today.
Details:
  • 2015 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe
  • V6 A/T
  • San Marino Red.
  • 52k miles
  • $16,4k -OTD 18K
About Me:

I have owed the car for about 3 weeks now, and love everything about it. I previously owned a 2002 Accord coupe EX-L v6 in my early 20's, and I loved that car too, especially the NSX-esque tail lights, unfortunately that car met an early demise, and I moved on to an 09 mazda 3 with a 2.0 i4, after years of city driving only I started a new job with 40 miles commutes twice a day. That is when I started despising the mazda, I just did not enjoy driving it and felt helpless in passing situations. That is when I started looking for a new car, and after learning that honda stopped making the coupe v6 decide that I wanted some of the fun I had in my early 20's (now 29) back, and got the honda. So far I love driving it and coming from the mazda there is seemingly endless power. Well that's a little about my car history and how I came to own the 2015 accord. I'm glad to be learning from the forum, and have enjoyed reading everyone's posts so far.
Things done:
  • Custome background on the upper display
  • Replace dealer plate holders with "honda power" ones from college hill honda (learned of its existence here)
  • Replaced old/dirty IAF with a drop in K&N
  • Oil change / maintenance checks
Mod interest:
  • Ktuner
  • 3.7 IM & TB
  • CAI
  • Tein Flex Z
  • HFP lip kit and deck lid spoiler
The only hiccup I have had so far was a blowout on the rear passenger side (no damage) I did not check the age of the tires when purchased and found the two rear tires to be what I believe as original, michillen primacy's from late 2014. I moved the new 2018 primacy's to the rear and put Conti DWS06's on the front ($440 m&b from americas tire, warranty purchased in addition)
The tire failure, which was catastrophic, happened at or slightly above freeway speed during a pass, yes the car handled it very well and I was able to safely pull of the freeway. The failure was tread separation, most likely due to age and being stationary on the dealer lot.
20190728_201645.jpg 20190711_194544.jpg

Again, Hi all.
-Brian

·
Vendor
788 Posts
Hello, Brian! Welcome aboard and thanks for showing us your Accord, looks amazing. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck with all your future plans and keep us posted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts