Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I took my car in today to the dealer to get the front brake noise fixed. They ordered replacement parts last week.

They finally have a service bulletin out for this (released december 24 2009) Service Bulletin: #09-096

"Replaced front brake pads with the updated pads and refaced the front rotors as described in the service bulletin #09-096"

HAPPY TO REPORT the tick tick noise (when coming to a stop from the front wheels) is gone, and the braking overall is much more even and noise-free.

:)

HTH.

Cheers
:)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
i2k, how many miles on your car? Regards

Richard

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi guys, I took my car in today to the dealer to get the front brake noise fixed. They ordered replacement parts last week.

"Replaced front brake pads with the updated pads and refaced the front rotors as described in the service bulletin #09-096"
I see you also have a 6-6. Since what mileage are you having problems? And why resurfacing the rotors? I prefer to leave them alone or replace them, but wonder why they have to resurface them :dunno:.

I don't have any brake noises (yet:D), but only have 7K highway miles. Wonder if wet climates have anything to do with that. Guess I can always replace the pads with the updated ones when the time comes, no? Thx.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
2,322 Posts
My dealer resurfaced my rear rotors when they replaced my pads. They said my rotors were "glazed", whatever that means. Now I notice my rear rotors aren't as shiny as they used to be.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Initially had squeals from the brakes at 2000 miles apparently when they resurfaced the rotors back then they did a poor job as there were apparently black patches on them this time round and uneven wear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts