1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up brothers !!:notworthy
-i drive an 09 accord ex sedan
-im looking to upgrade my wheel and tires :thmsup:
-nothing to crazy expensive my budget its like $1200 the most with rims, tires and installation
-i did some research regarding, sizes, offset, bolt pattern, etc
-i definitely want black glossy rims with 5 spokes only , since i wanna be able to paint my calipers, and see them
- i live in new york city with crappy and bumpy roads so im not looking to drop my car, just wanna upgrade the wheels and tires
thanks in advance brothers
- so far , correct me if im wrong plz, this is my set up
- this is the specs from my current oem set up
225/50 R17 5X114.3 BOLT PATTERN 55MM OFFSET

ive found this rims on ebay for 470 bucks all 4 shipped , hopefully ill be able to switch TPMS sensor into these without a problem

-black glossy rims with 5 studs
Size: 18 "x 8"
Bolt Pattern: 5x 114.3
Off Set: +38mm

-tires ( dont know a good brand yet _
with this size to fit the above rims size
- 235/45 R18

these are my current oem wheels with plasti dip , they have 7 spokes and i cants see my calipers as i would like to , plus im getting tired of the flat black look from plasti dip
I THINK MY CAR WILL LOOK WAY BETTER WITH NEW SHOES :thumbsup:

thanks in advance

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you planning to keep your stock rims as winter wheels? If you are, then transferring TPMS is probably not worth it.

I have the same car (V6) sedan, and I use the stock rims for winter with the TPMS in there.

My summer wheels are 19" HFP Wheels as shown below on a coupe. I get a TPMS light all summer, I just keep an eye on it and make sure to check the air every month. Otherwise as soon as I put the stock wheels back on, the TPMS light disappears.

Here's a picture of the HFP (honda factory performance) 19" rims, they are also an excellent option on the sedan. They have the correct stock Offset, and made from a very sturdy alloy which gives me some comfort because they are still perfectly round after going through some potholes. They look nice and definitely turn heads for me. The color on the rims is also available through Honda and I have the color code in case I need to repaint it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Luk6wJDxy...fp-front-bumper-skirt-dam-springs-lowered.jpg

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please don't take offense...........

Spoke: one of the bars, rods, or rungs radiating from the hub or nave of a wheel and supporting the rim or felloe.

Stud: a boss, knob, nail head, or other protuberance projecting from a surface or part. i.e. the part your lug nuts threads onto.

Nice rims.............hope they fit your car!
Thanks brother and ill fix that now u right

Are you planning to keep your stock rims as winter wheels? If you are, then transferring TPMS is probably not worth it.

I have the same car (V6) sedan, and I use the stock rims for winter with the TPMS in there.

My summer wheels are 19" HFP Wheels as shown below on a coupe. I get a TPMS light all summer, I just keep an eye on it and make sure to check the air every month. Otherwise as soon as I put the stock wheels back on, the TPMS light disappears.

Here's a picture of the HFP (honda factory performance) 19" rims, they are also an excellent option on the sedan. They have the correct stock Offset, and made from a very sturdy alloy which gives me some comfort because they are still perfectly round after going through some potholes. They look nice and definitely turn heads for me. The color on the rims is also available through Honda and I have the color code in case I need to repaint it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Luk6wJDxy...fp-front-bumper-skirt-dam-springs-lowered.jpg
thanks for theinformatiion bro
I have an I4 , and im planning on keeping these new wheels all year round, and hopefukly sell my oem rims, I decided to go with 18 I dont know about 19 and how much of a difference will make, ;)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
18" spoke wheels will look tiny

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think I got the rims used for $900, tires were like $850ish. The wheels really make the sedan look aggressive though. Here's some pictures of my car with them, stock height.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am looking forward to pics of the new set. Not a big fan of what you got currently. I myself, love the sporty looking accords. I think the new set will do you more justice in appearance. The only sedan I like on the road is the Porsche Panamera. That thing is pure sex.

I myself, am looking for some red lip rims. For some reason I dig the red touch on this pic.

Attachments

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks brothers
They look awesome !
I really like black glossy rims with thin less spokes, the more I see rotors and calipers the more sportier it will look in my opinion hahaha but thats just my taste I guess

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will they fit my accord ?

·
Put that cookie down! NOW
592 Posts
They'll fit fine with no problems. However , if you can go with 19's. Just my opinion.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Reno,
Some things to remember:
  • anything over 18" will amplify pot holes
  • anything over 17" increases your risk of curb rash
  • you really don't want to increase your unsprung weight so pay attention to wheel and tire combinations
Since you live in this wonderful borough of Queens, these are things to bear in mind.

·
Registered
293 Posts
+1, for "anything over 18" will amplify pot holes"

Cross Bronx Expressway (along with every other road in NYC and Long Island) is killing me.. I went from the stock 17s to the accord sport 18s and potholes are much more violent now... I do whatever I can to avoid them but sometimes there is no getting away :paranoid:

This is what I feel like for the past few weeks while driving to and from work:

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all , what are the best tires sizes i should get with this wheels for a comfortable ride. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,430 Posts
+1, for "anything over 18" will amplify pot holes"

Cross Bronx Expressway (along with every other road in NYC and Long Island) is killing me.. I went from the stock 17s to the accord sport 18s and potholes are much more violent now... I do whatever I can to avoid them but sometimes there is no getting away :paranoid:

This is what I feel like for the past few weeks while driving to and from work:
Dude I pretty much haven't driven most of January and February until this weekend. You should see me on the road. Not even just me....every other driver. It looks more like a video game where you swerve to pick up a power up or something.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Thank you all , what are the best tires sizes i should get with this wheels for a comfortable ride. Thanks
For the most comfortable ride don't change anything. If you get shorter sidewall for a larger wheel you will get a rougher ride if you get a taller tire you'll look like an SUV. unless your suspension is designed for it or you've got smooth roads, you lose. You're trading looks for ride.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Reno,
Some things to remember:
  • anything over 18" will amplify pot holes
  • anything over 17" increases your risk of curb rash
  • you really don't want to increase your unsprung weight so pay attention to wheel and tire combinations
Since you live in this wonderful borough of Queens, these are things to bear in mind.
I am looking to get bigger tires for no reason other than to raise the car (tired of bottoming out of the flipping snow and ice here, as well at nearly hitting my door bottom in the garage). Well, I shouldn't say no other reason since I would like them rims to be sportier too. Should I assume I am losing sidewall depth if going to a larger tire; thus the harder ride? If so, what are the alternatives if I don't want a harsher, harder ride (ye, yeh, other than trading the car in for something else...). Thanks.

EDIT: Doh! Looks like ksills answered some of my questions in response to renzovc16 above while I was typing my post. Looks like I am going to look like an SUV since I want at least an inch lift.

Scott C.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
you want to retain an aspect (overall diameter) as close as possible to OEM so that you can swap sets without needing to recalibrate your speedometer. for that reason getting an upsized wheel should almost always be paired with a decreased profile tire.

i run 235/35/19 for my winter set and while you'll feel more road, i prefer that to feeling nothing at all with the 225/50/17 factory setup. i'll admit that i traded a small degree of function for that swap but 17 and 18" wheels just look way too small on the larger bodies of 8th gen sedans imo. there are always reasons not to lower or not to get upsized wheels but with alert driving i haven't introduced any damage to my car from my changes.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Doom. Don't compare New York Metro area roads and streets to Iowa. Our streets look like Afghanistan

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
I am looking to get bigger tires for no reason other than to raise the car

EDIT: Doh! Looks like ksills answered some of my questions in response to renzovc16 above while I was typing my post. Looks like I am going to look like an SUV since I want at least an inch lift.

Scott C.

Scott, you can try this setup

1 - 20 of 44 Posts