Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2022 Accord Sport 2.0 - KTuner Stage 2
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have been a long time toyota owner, have had a dozen or so and just traded my 2019 XSE for a 2022 Sport 2.0. It was such a good deal I had to take it over the V6 camry I had lined up. Anyhow, I have a V6 coupe manual (older car really) and although I know my way around a car, I have a few questions about this specific generation, since its been out for a while I know there is a lot of info out there, but I still ran into some inconsistencies in information.

1) Is there a good, reliable, and SAFE throttle control unit? Similar to ThrottleMonster or something like that, that eliminates the gas pedal lag. Drove today to work and had to make a pass, HOLLY F did I have to wait a sec for it to actually move. Nothing like my NA motors, but even on my camry I had to have the throttlemonster because of built in delay.

2) What is the part number for the OEM oil filter? FU honda for not having a simple parts site like toyota with diagrams and stuff.

3) Speaking of diagrams, where can I find one so that I can actually fix my own car? I found one for my old coupe but it was literally a physical book.

4) Is it possible to switch out the factory interior bulbs for LED's? I can't that even my 2016 camry has LED's on the interior and this doesnt.

5) What is the part number for the factory garage opener part? Is it a mirror with 3 buttons or is it something else (My v6 has it built into the top of the roof, my camry has a home link auto dimming mirror with garage opener function). Also can't believe that this isn't a thing in a 30k+ honda.

6) Is it possible to add the hydraulic hood struts? Also can't believe this isn't standard on a 30k+ car.

7) Is there a way to see the tire pressure per tire on the screen? This has been a thing on toyota since like 2012.

8) Anyone added interior ambient lighting to their accord? Any places that sell reliable parts? (also can't believe this isn't a thing on a 30k+ car, my xse had ambient lighting).

I think that is it so far, I am still researching, but my god is it a pain compared to toyota land.

I don't expect everything to get answered, I am sure someone will say "read the forums" or "use google" and I have, and still am, doing so, but I am sick and tired of the fact that it feels like I am pulling teeth for answers every time I have to work on a honda, and in toyotaland I simply go to their parts site, search by words, and get a part number and diagram.

Thanks bunches, I tried not to shit on honda too much, but its more the company and not the car, car is great, love it.

· Registered
34 Posts
1) Is there a good, reliable, and SAFE throttle control unit? Similar to ThrottleMonster or something like that, that eliminates the gas pedal lag. Drove today to work and had to make a pass, HOLLY F did I have to wait a sec for it to actually move. Nothing like my NA motors, but even on my camry I had to have the throttlemonster because of built in delay.
The first thing I did was put a "Roar Pedal" in my '22 2.0t sport, mainly because it was significantly less expensive than the Sprint Booster (which I have in an '09 Boxster and works great). Works fine and definately wakes it up. Any of these things would probably work; they're pretty simple.

*to those that say "press the pedal harder" it doesn't work like that.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first thing I did was put a "Roar Pedal" in my '22 2.0t sport, mainly because it was significantly less expensive than the Sprint Booster (which I have in an '09 Boxster and works great). Works fine and definately wakes it up. Any of these things would probably work; they're pretty simple.

*to those that say "press the pedal harder" it doesn't work like that.
Dude, awesome, thanks a lot. Never heard of either of those brands, but these devices are a god send, I always thought it was my toyota's janky 8 speed, NOPE! It was the throttle tuning and delay that made it feel like crap. These transmissions are much snappier when it just does what you tell it to.

· Registered
2022 accord sport 2.0
56 Posts
Man, I just hit the sport button and it is sooooo responsive, of course I’m coming from a civic sport touring ! 😄

· Registered
2022 accord sport 2.0
56 Posts
Hey everyone, I have been a long time toyota owner, have had a dozen or so and just traded my 2019 XSE for a 2022 Sport 2.0. It was such a good deal I had to take it over the V6 camry I had lined up. Anyhow, I have a V6 coupe manual (older car really) and although I know my way around a car, I have a few questions about this specific generation, since its been out for a while I know there is a lot of info out there, but I still ran into some inconsistencies in information.

2) What is the part number for the OEM oil filter? FU honda for not having a simple parts site like toyota with diagrams and stuff.

3) Speaking of diagrams, where can I find one so that I can actually fix my own car? I found one for my old coupe but it was literally a physical book.

4) Is it possible to switch out the factory interior bulbs for LED's? I can't that even my 2016 camry has LED's on the interior and this doesnt.

5) What is the part number for the factory garage opener part? Is it a mirror with 3 buttons or is it something else (My v6 has it built into the top of the roof, my camry has a home link auto dimming mirror with garage opener function). Also can't believe that this isn't a thing in a 30k+ honda.

6) Is it possible to add the hydraulic hood struts? Also can't believe this isn't standard on a 30k+ car.

7) Is there a way to see the tire pressure per tire on the screen? This has been a thing on toyota since like 2012.

8) Anyone added interior ambient lighting to their accord? Any places that sell reliable parts? (also can't believe this isn't a thing on a 30k+ car, my xse had ambient lighting).

I think that is it so far, I am still researching, but my god is it a pain compared to toyota land.

I don't expect everything to get answered, I am sure someone will say "read the forums" or "use google" and I have, and still am, doing so, but I am sick and tired of the fact that it feels like I am pulling teeth for answers every time I have to work on a honda, and in toyotaland I simply go to their parts site, search by words, and get a part number and diagram.

Thanks bunches, I tried not to shit on honda too much, but its more the company and not the car, car is great, love it.
Just go and watch all of the hundreds of YT videos, enjoy modding your Accord.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, I just hit the sport button and it is sooooo responsive, of course I’m coming from a civic sport touring ! 😄
My issue with the sport button (and this is the case on most cars that don't actually do anything with the sport button) is that it modifies the pedal to throttle curve, which means that its not more responsive, it just opens the throttle more. What I need is so that the throttle position didn't change, I don't need to burn more gas, I simply need the throttle to move when the pedal moves, and not 1-2 seconds AFTER I already pressed the pedal. This is common in modern cars, its programed pedal delay. Another issue with the sport mode is it locks up the torque converter and keeps you in a much higher gear permanently, I also don't need that. I am totally okay being in 10th gear I simply don't want delay. Hope this makes sense.

All of the YT videos are about performance mods, which I won't be doing, because I am okay with the stock performance. Most of my questions were related to OEM related parts, again, you must be confused, or lazy to respond accurately, or both, just like honda customer support. Sorry, not sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: Donniet53

· 2022 Accord Sport 2.0
84 Posts
Go to Lasfit website and enter your car and model, it will pull up all the available leds for your car. All of my interior and exterior is from lasfit

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go to Lasfit website and enter your car and model, it will pull up all the available leds for your car. All of my interior and exterior is from lasfit
Nice, this was a big help. Any of the bulbs ever go out after a while?

· 2022 Accord Sport 2.0
84 Posts
Na not really, I just installed them in august when I got my car but I had my pilot for about 2 years and they are still going strong.

Reactions: singular9

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
860 Posts

If you search "pedal commander" here or on DA, you'll get some info - I have SprintBooster V3 on mine and like it but it's one of the most expensive options IIRC (Roar, Hike-It, WAK 711 on Amazon are a few more options members are using).

15400-PLM-A02 (or A01) IIRC - you can google it

Google "oem honda parts" and check a few of the links - some of the sites/vendors provide exploded views w/part numbers and quantities.

Yes

IIRC mine is built into the mirror.

Yes, I believe there are a couple of members who have done it.

AFAIK, I don't think so. 10th gen Accords don't have individual sensors. You'd probably have to buy an aftermarket set up with most likely an additional display.

Lots of options - OEM Honda accessories to other aftermarket footwell lighting to all sorts of interior lighting kits.

replies embedded, good luck!

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
860 Posts
Nice, this was a big help. Any of the bulbs ever go out after a while?
I've had a few go out/die on me over the years. You usually get what you pay for but you can also get "decent" for "not too expensive" as well (i.e. you don't have to pay $$$ for led lights/kits) - I would try to find a source/vendor who offers a nice guarantee/warranty...

· Registered
211 Posts

Use normal or sport mode. This car has a single scroll turbo, there WILL be turbo lag. It isn't as prevalent as you make it seem. Nowhere near a full second of delay.

Fram Ultra > OEM Honda oil filters

All Data has a DIY version, try that. I believe the website is ALLDATADIY or something like that.

The interior lights are plenty bright, why do you need an LED? I'm assuming you'll say less power draw... But the issue with that statement is many newer cars use CANBUS systems. CANBUS compliant LEDs have resistors so you aren't saving as much power as you might think.

Honda kept the car simple. This included a manual hood prop rod. You aren't gaining much with hydraulic hood struts. Just something else to leak or break.

Use normal or sport mode. This car has a single scroll turbo, there WILL be turbo lag. It isn't as prevalent as you make it seem. Nowhere near a full second of delay.

Fram Ultra > OEM Honda oil filters

All Data has a DIY version, try that. I believe the website is ALLDATADIY or something like that.

The interior lights are plenty bright, why do you need an LED? I'm assuming you'll say less power draw... But the issue with that statement is many newer cars use CANBUS systems. CANBUS compliant LEDs have resistors so you aren't saving as much power as you might think.

Honda kept the car simple. This included a manual hood prop rod. You aren't gaining much with hydraulic hood struts. Just something else to leak or break.[/QUOTE]

· Registered
2022 accord sport 2.0
56 Posts
My issue with the sport button (and this is the case on most cars that don't actually do anything with the sport button) is that it modifies the pedal to throttle curve, which means that its not more responsive, it just opens the throttle more. What I need is so that the throttle position didn't change, I don't need to burn more gas, I simply need the throttle to move when the pedal moves, and not 1-2 seconds AFTER I already pressed the pedal. This is common in modern cars, its programed pedal delay. Another issue with the sport mode is it locks up the torque converter and keeps you in a much higher gear permanently, I also don't need that. I am totally okay being in 10th gear I simply don't want delay. Hope this makes sense.

All of the YT videos are about performance mods, which I won't be doing, because I am okay with the stock performance. Most of my questions were related to OEM related parts, again, you must be confused, or lazy to respond accurately, or both, just like honda customer support. Sorry, not sorry.
I am not confused son. What ever you do with your pedal mod, hopefully you will find some kind of satisfaction, but I doubt it.😁

· Registered
2021 Accord Hybrid Touring
59 Posts
Tire pressure won’t display on screen because the car doesn’t have pressure sensors. No sensors to fail or batteries in them to go dead. However you’ll have to check the pressure yourself once in awhile.

This car uses an indirect system to determine tire pressure; wheel speed sensor information goes to the computer which determines if one or more wheels is rotating at a different rate which would mean the diameter is different so pressure must be different. In my opinion it’s a clever way to comply with govt rules requiring TPMS without adding extra failure prone parts to the wheels. Downside is that the a person can’t see the pressure on the screen/dash. Aftermarket systems are available if desired.

· Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T - Stage 3
217 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there any reason I should install a "Roar Pedal" on my 2.0 if I already have a tune on it where I can adjust the throttle response? I'm assuming I would gain some granularity in fine tuning the throttle response with the device, probably no issues, right?

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there any reason I should install a "Roar Pedal" on my 2.0 if I already have a tune on it where I can adjust the throttle response? I'm assuming I would gain some granularity in fine tuning the throttle response with the device, probably no issues, right?
I read that K tuner pretty much does that + tune. I don't think you'd need a separate pedal device. But that's just from what I read. I haven't done anything to the accord as far as performance tuning. Speaking of which, you're using KTuner right? What does the stage 1 tune do? I have seen lots of posts about stage 2 and 3 but I want to find a easy tune for 91/93 octane and be done with it. Don't feel like pushing past factory capabilities much.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am not confused son. What ever you do with your pedal mod, hopefully you will find some kind of satisfaction, but I doubt it.😁
You're super confused mate. Seriously, every car manufacturer has built in electronic throttle delay.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And won't you have to get a different hood if you want to install the hydraulic struts?
I have found out that it's either hydraulic hood struts or strut bar. Can't do both. But it will work just fine.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts