Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a 2006 accord ex coupe with 235/45/17 and i just bought a new set of 18"x8 rims and got 235/45/18 tires for them (havent installed them yet)...im just concerned if that tire size is a bit too "meaty"....anyone running or used the same tire size before?

btw i live jersey and our roads can be really tough thats the main reason i went with 235/45 instead of the 235/40

also im running stock suspension but i was thinking about getting coilovers and do maybe between a 1"-2" drop but i dont know if its gonna rub

any opinion/advise/tip is welcome and appreciated

·
Army of the Pharaohs
30 Posts
The tire size you've selected is too large. The OEM tire size for the stock Accord Coupe 17's is 215/50R17. The correct tire size for a +1 wheel diameter upgrade is 215/45R18. You have the incorrect tire size for both sets of your wheels.

Here's a few photos of my car with 18X7.5 wheels and 215/45R18 tires. Adequate amount of rubber and still the correct size. Driven all over Bergen County, NJ while visiting with family. :thmsup:

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Depending on offset and wheel width you could go wider, but Options is correct for a +1 stock width tire...

Below is a picture of my Accord with Acura 18" wheels, 235/40R18 tires. This kept me as close as possible to the original overall diameter with the stock 16" wheels but is much wider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts