Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
Go through the car, as has been suggested. Carfax is a guide, NOT a bible on what's been done to the vehicle...
Absolutely no need to change an alternator that's still in good shape and charging, that's pure horses---t.
Never get concerned with why people get out of cars after two years...because people trade out of cars in a few months...
I've seen it happen. Who knows why.

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
Those two items, tranny fluid and PS fluid are high..
You can do the PS fluid yourself, get a turkey baster at the grocery store and remove the fluid, pour in new(Honda PS fluid only) run the engine while turning the steering "lock to lock", both sides, shut it off, repeat this 3 to 4 times..you may have to buy 2 pints total.
Transmission fluid will take you a while to do a 3X drain and refill, but you'll only pay for 12 qts of fluid, not the big labor charges he showed you!

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
So I'm not OP, but I may have accidentally driven on green coolant for a year. Should I quickly change it next time I go out or would it be fine? It was just something I had on hand from other vehicles and did not know it would have an effect on engine health.
The green coolant isn't made for your Accord...try to replace it ASAP.
You can get Honda's Coolant ,or as others do the Zerex made for Asian cars.

I just did mine on my '14 and it was $40. for two gallons of Honda Type 2..cheap enough to me as Honda's coolant doesn't need to be changed for quite a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts