Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been an accord owner since i was 17...held on to my 90 accord for about 5 yrs up until recently..(blew the engine=/)...i still have him...buh now im in the process of paintin my new honda...(99 honda accord coupe...6th gen)...and i ran across this forum and i've been gettin some decent tips about my newer accord...so if u got anything u wanna give me some tips on...im all ears:thmsup:

·
6,322 Posts
Welcome...is the 6th gen a V6 or I4? How many miles on it? Post some pics.

Tips: Make sure the atf is fresh and if not change out via drain/fills asap. I'd also put in a new oem pcv valve since you may have the original one still in there. New long life Honda coolant. Basicially fresh mostly oem fluids and filters.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a V6 it has high miles (234,000) buh its been well maintained and the transmission was rebuilt not even 2 yrs ago...and it runs excellant...buh imma take what u said and do a total fluid change...just to be on the extra safe side:thmsup: and i will put some pics up...buh right now...im fixin minor dents in it and paintin it...so it should be done by the end of this week...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i first got it..

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Hey, looks like a good start to a nice car. I used to own a 6th gen, loved it. Is it a V6 or an I4?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hey, looks like a good start to a nice car. I used to own a 6th gen, loved it. Is it a V6 or an I4?
He Stated V6... Wax that baby and get some wheels

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
its a V6 it has high miles (234,000)
WOWZA!!! 234k miles on a J series? Wow... Got me feeling like my J30A5 will last long too! Here's to hoping for 300k+ miles!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thnx...and its a V6...and Im inlove wit this car already and it hasn't hit the road yet...loll

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He Stated V6... Wax that baby and get some wheels
She* stated V6...lmaooo....and yea that's exactly what I plan on doing...I think it would look nice...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOWZA!!! 234k miles on a J series? Wow... Got me feeling like my J30A5 will last long too! Here's to hoping for 300k+ miles!
Yea 234k and still running strong....that's y I love Hondas....becuz if kept up right...they'll last forever...so I look forward to that 300k+

1 - 10 of 10 Posts