Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.

I would like to introduce myself to the forum. I am looking into buying a 2005 Honda accord. It has 198,000 km - he said mostly highway driving. Condition of car is mint. Cost is $5500 with winter tires.

Just wondering of the Kms are too high. I would say for sure with another car but Hondas- if taken care of, tend to last a while. Don't know so just doing my research before buying this vehicle.

I love in Northern Ontario Canada

Thanks guys

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello guys.

I would like to introduce myself to the forum. I am looking into buying a 2005 Honda accord. It has 198,000 km - he said mostly highway driving. Condition of car is mint. Cost is $5500 with winter tires.

Just wondering of the Kms are too high. I would say for sure with another car but Hondas- if taken care of, tend to last a while. Don't know so just doing my research before buying this vehicle.

I love in Northern Ontario Canada

Thanks guys
Welcome.

My $0.02 is that I wouldn't necessarily rule out a car with that high mileage but I also wouldn't pay close to $5000. This is with the caveat that I've done no research and maybe this is the appropriate going rate.

I'd much rather have a civic at 120k for around $4000 for example than an accord with 200k at $5500.

Good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can't help you with value as they are all over the map up here. I just bought my sister's 03 I4/at exl coupe, 70,000 km with winter tires for $6500 and that was considerably less than what people were paying around here.

Keep in mind that the 05 has 8 yrs of driving so just under 25k/year is pretty close to average. Remember the old days when we considered 250000 miles a good run? That's 400000 km!

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
Wow - the Metric Militia is growing !! glad to see another Canuck ...

As point of reference Krissypants, I paid $8500 at a local dealership for my 2007 SE sedan with 160,000km this past summer, and they were asking $11k ... I have a buddy at work who's been looking for a 7th gen Accord, and $5500 for a VP or SE sedan is right in the ballpark - for that mileage - of what's on the market out west anyway.

Cars, and there parts, are always cheaper in the States.

*make sure the car doesn't have a wrecked title ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm in the wrong forum now because I am purchasing a 2006 Honda civic. :) the girl is 18 lol. She wants to sell so she can pay it off, it is too expensive for her. We looked at it today and she has to certify it because my dad doesn't have time. She said Tuesday. Hope I can trust she can get this done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.