Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a new DD from a local friend. It is a 2005 Honda Accord 4cyl auto. Its white and has 102,970 miles on it. Has some minor scratches and nicks, also one large dent on the rear passenger side door that i will have to look into fixing at some point. The seller offered $6k for the car and after looking at the book value on NADA.com I saw it was a really good price. I was scepticle at first that maybe it had some major issues, although I do trust this guy selling the car to me. I really hounded him on telling me, before i bought it, if some serious issues that hes not telling me. He said its in great shape with some small issues and has been serviced very well across its life span. My wife drove it and she loved it. Im deployed or I would of done the test drive.

I hope to use the car for many years to come. I will change the trans fluid with what I've seen recommended on here. The previous owner did say he changed the engine oil before he sold it to me, but i want to find out if he used full synthetic or not. If not I may do the switch over. I will change out the coolant as well just for my peace of mind. Also check the brake pads.

I love doing my own mx on cars to save money. Unfortantly with how many times i deploy i can not be home to do these things for my wife. So a reliable cheap to fix honda it was. The other car in my stable is a 2013 Jetta TDi with DSG. Love that car but there are many expensive parts that can fail outside of warranty.

In the past I've owned: 2001.5 audi s4, 2001 volvo c70, 2005 Ram SRT-10, 2007 Mazdaspeed6, 2010 ford focus, 2011, ford fusion, 2006 impalla, 2007 jeep liberty.

From what I've seen so far this forum seems pretty helpfull. My next thing todo on here is to look up how to fix or r2 a drivers side door lock thats seized up.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase and your first post. Post some pics so we can see what it looks like. Also, thank you for your service to our country during these perilous times.

·
Premium Member
3,736 Posts
The car looks good, but three things I noticed:

The battery is missing the plastic case that goes around it. Not a huge deal really, but it probably helps keep the battery cool.

The wipers aren't OEM. They don't need to be, but if you buy the OEM wiper frames (with rubber blades) they're about $45 total, and when it's time to get new wipers, just go to the dealer and get new rubber parts instead for about $5.

The plastic intake cover is missing the DOHC I-vtec label. (Horrors!)

Also check https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/for recalls (airbag and others).

My previous car was an '03 Golf TDI. Loved the TDI, hated the regular maintenance of things that shouldn't need maintenance so I got rid of it last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, i saw that recall affected that year of accord's. I will have them perform the recall when i get home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts